Clint Eastwood - (NOT DEAD!)

King Kebab

Following on from the Dollars thread, it is noticeable that there is obviously a lot of love for Clint on this board so thought I would bring it to your attention that in amongst the usual assorted Christmassy dross, fluff and filler that the TV schedules become at this time of year, I was surprised and delighted to notice that Channel 5 are having a Clint Eastwood night tonight with three of his films in a row from 6:35pm through to 1:45am!!!

Space Cowboys is on first followed by Gran Torino at 9, then Unforgiven at 11:15!!!

Fair enough, Space Cowboys isnt the greatest and is probably the last piece of Studio Fluff he had to do in order to get his own , more personal projects green-lighted but if you have never seen Gran Torino then make sure you see it tonight, it is indeed a great film!!!

And if you have never seen Unforgiven, then shame on you, but tonight is your chance!!!

Go ahead, make your day!!!

Obviously not a fan or you would know that Clint can't die!!!

But I did hear that Death once had a near-Clint Eastwood experience!!! ;)

Christ, don't start a topic with just a name. Thought I was going to read he was dead!

I had the exact same thought, before I even clicked on this thread I was off to the BBC news site.

Sorted!!!

I really like Space Cowboys. I always feel like I should hate it, but every time I watch it I enjoy it.

I'm the same about The Rookie. I know it's completely devoid of any merit, but if it came on, I'd watch it.

Very little Clint's done has ever flat-out sucked, bar for me a couple of the bland generic big-studio adventure things he got involved in like Firefox or The Eiger Sanction.

Archived