Lions @ Cowboys. NFC Wildcard

lichtie23

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah can't disagree he is a great player but a fud!

Hopefully he is shut down next week by the Packers secondary and we don't need to see him again til September. Same goes with that overrated arse hole Romo

Ooft! Some seethe on here tonight. Cowboys Packers is a more entertaining game. The Lions were woeful 2nd half. The flag was a disgrace however the Cowboys were much better. (in the 2nd half) Megatron is a shell of himself sadly.

Would have liked to have seen Tate show the Seahawks what they have up but not to be. Packers @ Seahawks for the Championship game me thinks. Broncos @ Patriots in Afc. Seahawks Patriots final

Hopefully we get a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl, the seethe and keyboard bashing on here will be unreal.

Meh, personally I wouldn't watch it. I certainly wouldn't take the day off as I do usually.

Ooft! Some seethe on here tonight. Cowboys Packers is a more entertaining game. The Lions were woeful 2nd half. The flag was a disgrace however the Cowboys were much better. (in the 2nd half) Megatron is a shell of himself sadly.

Would have liked to have seen Tate show the Seahawks what they have up but not to be. Packers @ Seahawks for the Championship game me thinks. Broncos @ Patriots in Afc. Seahawks Patriots final

Agree that the Cowboys will run the Packers closer than the Lions would've got to the Seahawks however you're being very hard on us Lions with that post!

Totally omitting any mention of a first half where we were terrific and streets ahead of Dallas.

Lions were poor second half (losing Pettigrew was a blow on that side of the ball), no doubt about that, but were certainly no worse than the Cowboys were in the first half.

Agree that the Cowboys will run the Packers closer than the Lions would've got to the Seahawks however you're being very hard on us Lions with that post!

Totally omitting any mention of a first half where we were terrific and streets ahead of Dallas.

Lions were poor second half (losing Pettigrew was a blow on that side of the ball), no doubt about that, but were certainly no worse than the Cowboys were in the first half.

Why the hell would you guys change from the rushing, pressure based attack of the first half into the zone system played in the second? As for those officials - I see Dean Blandino hasn't managed to come up with an explanation yet. The offical version from Pete Morelli is not plausible.

Aside from the obvious blown call, the officiating for the Cowboys last drive was shocking, a hold on every second play yet IIRC only two penalties called, both on the Lions for defensive holding. Always a shame to see what was a good game be marred by the feeling that the zebras helped the game to a conclusion rather than the play on the field. A fan of neither of these teams but by the end was rooting for the Lions to overcome the extra men that the Cowboys seemed to have on the field during the 4th.

As dodgy as the call was, we still should've gone for it on the resulting fourth down. For me that was a poor call given how good we've been on fourth all season.

Obviously the small matter of the shanked punt didn't help matters.

A lot of football played after the controversial call and despite Suh's best efforts we couldn't keep Dallas out and when called upon, the offence couldn't come up with the plays to win us the game.

Still gutted though!

Why the hell would you guys change from the rushing, pressure based attack of the first half into the zone system played in the second? As for those officials - I see Dean Blandino hasn't managed to come up with an explanation yet. The offical version from Pete Morelli is not plausible.

Official explanation now up from Dean. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000454572/article/dean-blandino-picking-up-flag-was-debatable

Short version: Officials aided cowboys.

You are right. The Lions were superb and I text a couple of my mates at the end of Q1 to say I thought it could be a blow out. The Lions just went downhill as much as the Cowboys improved and by the end of the game Id forgotten how good they were. That TD by Tate was superb stuff.

I reckon Green Bay will win and can only hope they then have the character to win in Seattle.

Archived