Big Full-Time Super Ayr United (9th) vs Wee Part-Time Stranraer (1st)

Looking forward to a wee trip up the A77, with the chance to get back to winning ways against a stuttering, managerless Ayr United side. We seem to enjoy ourselves at Somerset Park, but last week's showing against Stenhousemuir was a reminder that anyone can beat anyone in this league, and nothing should be taken for granted.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With that defence?

Was it 6-2 last season?That type of thing again.

3-6 and 5-0 the home games. If McLaughlin, McKinlay, Hutton and Gilmour start then we'll lose. Thankfully I'm out the country. Happy 2015 to all the Honest Men and Bonnie Lassies, and to the Stranraer fans, I hear you've just discovered electricity down your way, bravo.

I'm pretty sure that Rutkiewiecz is now availabe for the cub as his contract goes live today. So with that in mind 2-0 Stranraer!

You sure he actually signed a deal? i thought we were waiting till Jan for it

Hopefully whoever is going to take the reigns next weeks will be in the stand so they can get an idea of the amount of work required to get this squad playing again. Expecting nothing less than a few goal horsing.

Possibly not an excuse, but maybe worth noting that although Ayr United have a group of full time players they are by no means a full time team. The recent push to "full time football" was so that the academy were able to apply for 'Elite' or '4 star' status, with one requirement being the ability to offer full time football. This does mean that certain players in the current first team squad are training full time. However firstly this is only a minority of the team and secondly this does not mean 9 to 5 football.

A great step in the right direction, but not a big change from last season, and so fitness levels and such cannot be judged differently.

Anyway with that said, I still hope for a win!

Possibly not an excuse, but maybe worth noting that although Ayr United have a group of full time players they are by no means a full time team. The recent push to "full time football" was so that the academy were able to apply for 'Elite' or '4 star' status, with one requirement being the ability to offer full time football. This does mean that certain players in the current first team squad are training full time. However firstly this is only a minority of the team and secondly this does not mean 9 to 5 football.

A great step in the right direction, but not a big change from last season, and so fitness levels and such cannot be judged differently.

Anyway with that said, I still hope for a win!

that is an excuse yous are that bad you can't beat stirling albion

Archived