Big Full-Time Super Ayr United (9th) vs Wee Part-Time Stranraer (1st)

Went in with no intent to win the ball and took the man out, and was really lucky not to injure Devlin more seriously. Straight red all day long. It was clumsy and reckless and there would have been no arguments if he'd walked.

He clearly went in intending to win the ball, but I think it was reckless and could easily have been a red. I doubt it would have altered the outcome though. Ayr number 4 ought to have been shown a second yellow for his continual shoving and barging in the first half.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went in with no intent to win the ball and took the man out, and was really lucky not to injure Devlin more seriously. Straight red all day long. It was clumsy and reckless and there would have been no arguments if he'd walked.

Yes there would. The yellow was arguably harsh.

It wasn't a good performance but it was certainly better; the 2nd half anyway. Devlin got going like he did in the early season, Forrest took a bit more control again, McKenzie did well and Crawford was our man of the match by a mile. Longride and Pettigrew's bookings were very cynical and would have led to chances. However, we didn't really create an awful lot and we made it easy for Stranraer to get their goals.

The defence is an absolute car crash at the moment. No idea why it took so long for Beattie to come off, he was utterly minced for a good 10 minutes before we changed it.

The number 3 on Devlin isn't a red in my book. Not a clever challenge but a booking was right.

I am sure that even you don't believe that. You really must be at the wind-up.

take a look at highlights again just before the tackle you are on about by our no 3,he was knocked about 4 ft in the air by your player on to the side track,...no booking for that bias ref.

Archived