Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's game kind of summed up our season. We were good for long spells and we aren't far off where we need to be, but then we shoot ourselves in the foot and the overriding feeling is annoyance/frustration. We missed some great chances, came close a few times, then two awful subs from Houston severely reduced our chances of winning. Vaulks was playing well, he gives us energy, he can shoot, good in the air and has the long throws. Mark Kerr is tidy enough but he'd been booked and won't win you a game. Bizarre decision. Morgan, although early days, looks like he's probably going to be hopeless.

First penalty was up the other end so I can't call it. Second was very soft I felt. Loy possibly handballed it beforehand too. Any time he has a chance to think about the penalty he misses. Heard a few saying someone else should've taken it. No chance imo after he scored the first one.

Baird and Loy complement each other pretty well and we made enough chances. Baird's one off the line in the second half was unlucky, as was the one he put just wide. Cooper's effort was a brilliant save from the keeper, who was excellent and possibly motm, but he should've scored.

Alston was gash for us. Sibbald and McCracken were our best. Sibbs is strolling it at the moment, wouldn't be surprised at all if he goes in the next couple of weeks.

Queens have impressed me every time I've seen them this season and today was no different. Quality right through the team and they could've nicked it. It's unfortunate for them that everything seems to be coming together in this season which is a bit of a freakshow for this league.

Long way to go but not winning today could be significant. Raith breathing down our necks now too.

Well done, the lads!

Scotsmen with a sense of grievance - ye canna beat 'em, Captain Mainwaring!

Can't comment on either pen - have to wait for TV pix. Great end to end end stuff for the last 25mins.

What a terrific save from Jimbo. Well done! Nice to see him seize his chance and do so well.

Fantastic save. Was a decent game of football.

Serious post and no point scoring from me.

We should have had the game out of sight in the first half had it not been for some fantastic last ditch defending from QOS.

We took the lead through a debatable penalty and were playing some great stuff. God knows how we were it 1 up at the break.

The second penalty was a stonewalled. The defender clearly saved it and was rightly sent off. The miss was just usual Loy.

The one real shot on goal QOS had and they scored.

They deserve to be where they are though as the team spirit and grinding out an unlikely result is what they have been doing all season.

Well I would say the pen after 15 mins was against the run of play. Just how many "unlikely" results do a team have to get "all season" before they become "likely". Just wondering...

A word for young Jim Atkinson who deserves to keep his place. Apart from one slight misjudgement when he came out to challenge Baird he was confident, handled cross balls immaculately and pulled off one great instinctive save.

Can't decide if that was unlucky, lucky or a fair share of the points. Queens worked very hard for their point and it would have been a shame on their 'keeper if Falkirk had nicked it 'cause he had an outstanding game - the save from Cooper's shot was exceptional !

Not sure about either penalty, first one looked soft and I was already celebrating a 'goal' at the second and missed it ... clearance off the line/post/defender was one of those slow motion events that take an eternity to clear.

Though the Ref was easily conned by both sets of players.

Pretty good support up from Dumfries, although yer man with the 'drum' (or is it aTupperware tub ?) has absolutely no sense of rhythm :P

Would have been nice to see Mark Millar play.

A word for young Jim Atkinson who deserves to keep his place. Apart from one slight misjudgement when he came out to challenge Baird he was confident, handled cross balls immaculately and pulled off one great instinctive save.

Aye he was imperious on the crosses, although I felt our crosses were too close to him. Don't know if it was identified prematch as a potential weakness as every cross was on top of him. He dealt with them all expertly.

Are yous home or away to Hibs next week?

Serious post and no point scoring from me.

We should have had the game out of sight in the first half had it not been for some fantastic last ditch defending from QOS.

We took the lead through a debatable penalty and were playing some great stuff. God knows how we were it 1 up at the break.

The second penalty was a stonewalled. The defender clearly saved it and was rightly sent off. The miss was just usual Loy.

The one real shot on goal QOS had and they scored.

They deserve to be where they are though as the team spirit and grinding out an unlikely result is what they have been doing all season.

The one real shot lol, Lyle clean through, Carmichael chipped Macdonald only for it to be retrieved on far side and Paton pulled trigger, Mcshane had shot blocked wide and had one headed away that was going in from a well worked free kick. But aye our only real shot.

Utterly baffled at how we failed to win that. We played well at times. Taking Vaulks off was madness. Completely unimpressed with Queens too.

3 games against us no wins. We must be doing something to hold the mighty Falkirk.

Aye he was imperious on the crosses, although I felt our crosses were too close to him. Don't know if it was identified prematch as a potential weakness as every cross was on top of him. He dealt with them all expertly.

He looked pretty comfortable all game.

Can any Queens fans confirm if McDonald made a couple of decent saves at their end - was hard to see from the South stand and the ball might as well have bounced off defenders !?

Well I would say the pen after 15 mins was against the run of play. Just how many "unlikely" results do a team have to get "all season" before they become "likely". Just wondering...

Fucking brilliant...against the run of play.???? That's fucking hilarious we were all over you for the entire first half...granted queens were better second half & were very good with ten men ....knew we would blow it but there you go I think a point flattered queens overall but they way they played with ten man then they arguably deserved it

What...a....save! Great result against 12 men. We had just as many chances when we went down to 10 men as Falkirk.

12 men? The lad handled on the line clearly. It wasn't even the ref who awarded it.

We made enough chances to win 2 or 3 games. Missing penalties cost us last season and the one today cost us too.

Can't decide if that was unlucky, lucky or a fair share of the points. Queens worked very hard for their point and it would have been a shame on their 'keeper if Falkirk had nicked it 'cause he had an outstanding game - the save from Cooper's shot was exceptional !

Not sure about either penalty, first one looked soft and I was already celebrating a 'goal' at the second and missed it ... clearance off the line/post/defender was one of those slow motion events that take an eternity to clear.

Though the Ref was easily conned by both sets of players.

Pretty good support up from Dumfries, although yer man with the 'drum' (or is it aTupperware tub ?) has absolutely no sense of rhythm :P

Would have been nice to see Mark Millar play.

You were at the game so you did see mark millar play

Are yous home or away to Hibs next week?

Queens v Hibs, Hearts v Falkirk interesting matches.

Jamie had no chance with the goal bound shot through a forest of legs which was diverted in from all of 3 yards at the last second. I think he may have got a touch to one second half effort which the ref gave as a corner. He is a good shot stopper but didn't get the chance to show that side of his game today.

Archived