Rewilding Scotland

Reintroduction of native species to Scotland  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bring them all back. All the wealthy landowners whose estates are currently only accessible to the privileged should be made to host them and can get a cut of the profits from wild Scottish safaris.

The odd bear rampaging around towns can only be good IMO.

Until they -

dig up your garden

drag wheelie bins down the street

damage your car because you left half a sandwich on the back seat

scare children

casually lick or chew on a drunk sleeping on a wall/bench

open your kitchen door and steal from your fridge

chase late night revelers

scrap with dogs

get trapped in skips, lorries, shops and garages

beg for food from tourists

Wait a minute....this looks already too familiar. :lol:

NED.jpg

Saw this once on tv maybe Ray Mears but bears hate the sound of two rocks being smacked together, maybe try this out if I want to get to the bar when there's too many Rangers fans in my favoured pub.

I assure you that I am in no way above a bear. Especially not when out camping with a bottle of Eldorado and a few cans of super down me.

Humans are indeed above bears.

If you choose to purposefully handicap one of your greatest advantages over the bear though then of course, the odds are going to swing against you.

Saw this once on tv maybe Ray Mears but bears hate the sound of two rocks being smacked together, maybe try this out if I want to get to the bar when there's too many Rangers fans in my favoured pub.

Anyone would run away from primitive castration techniques.

Wolves stay clear of humans, but is there enough room left for them to be left alone?

People need to be educated but given the attitude of some landowners towards predatory animals such as birds of prey you just can't educate people who won't listen. I think its a bad move if they are ever allowed to run loose. Scotland has changed so much since wolves were native to this country and I can't see there being any tolerance especially from estates or farmers.

In answer to your first question: probably not. Scotland has wilderness but not on the scale of N. America obviously. I don't think the wolves would want to come near us so we would only ever see them from a distance.

I think you are right about the landowners. Some of them are total scum, killing rare bird species and such.

Scotland has changed yes but we can change with it. Technically wolves belong here, they aren't though because we wiped them out. If you watch the video I posted earlier you will see how much they can change our countryside. Yes it would bring challenges but bringing back these long lost creatures is the right thing to do to restore the balance.

By the way, apparently wild boar are already here.

Just read there's a significant population in Dumfries and Galloway, as well as in other parts of the UK.

Farmers already up in arms.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/environment/scotland-s-wild-boars-killing-lambs-claim-gamekeepers-1-2513035

Also some of the boar here are fucking massive, skip to 3:45: