SFA Compliance Officer- Double standards?

Because maybe the rules have changed since then to allow incidents that the referee has punished to be looked at again?

I'm not sure there's ever been a rule to the contrary in Scotland. The compliance officer can look at incidents regardless of whether the ref saw them or not.

Amidst all the seethe on this thread, it's worth noting that Talbot hasn't actually been cited for the incident yet. The BBC have reported that he probably will be, but the SFA have still to release an official Notice of Complaint. McCulloch could well receive one at the same time.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens lost Dowie for two matches, which cost us points, when he was banned retrospectively by the compliance officer for a supposed "stamp" on Ian Black during the Queens game versus New Rangers at Palmerston. A law for one and another law for New Rangers. Some things never change in the stinking hierarchy of Scottish football. (By the way, if I'd stood on Black, I'd want to scrape the shit off my boot as well)

It would be very easy to stand on Black, he done more rolls than Morton's in the 2 games I watched.

I'm not sure there's ever been a rule to the contrary in Scotland. The compliance officer can look at incidents regardless of whether the ref saw them or not.

Amidst all the seethe on this thread, it's worth noting that Talbot hasn't actually been cited for the incident yet. The BBC have reported that he probably will be, but the SFA have still to release an official Notice of Complaint. McCulloch could well receive one at the same time.

The Compliance Officer has until 3pm on the second working day to issue any citation.

The elbow and stamp in the Celtic game wasn't exactly clear. Infact, the supposed stamp is funny when you see that he actually avoids stamping on someone, and thus ends up on his arse.

The elbow was a yellow card at the most, and as I've said, anyone else doing that and people wouldn't give the slightest shit.

I see from the BBC sport website that the SFA compliance officer is to investigate the Livingston player Talbot's "tackle" on the Hearts player with a view to retrospectively increasing the punishment. In the same week, Lee McCulloch guilty of two televised incidents where he stamped on a player but no investigation.

Simple.

The SFA have a big rule book for all scottish football clubs and a separate one for all matters relating to sevco.

And if they something happens at sevco they hadn't thought about, they rip up that rule book and write a new one.

I thought this was common knowledge now.

Wonder if they'll have a go at the linesman for his startling incompetence at failing to send McCulloch off for a second booking when taking Stewart down on the touchline late in the second half. That was truly beyond belief.

Fair play to the Compliance Officer in this case, but I highly doubt he'd have done anything were it not for the Costa case in England recently.

Could mean the return of Mohsni. Exciting times ahead.

Simple.

The SFA have a big rule book for all scottish football clubs and a separate one for all matters relating to sevco.

And if they something happens at sevco they hadn't thought about, they rip up that rule book and write a new one.

I thought this was common knowledge now.

Great timing to post this rambling tinfoil hat nonsense AFTER Lee McCulloch had been charged.

Archived