Morton v Stirling

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you been to every game this season champ, or are you just trying to play that card whenever you actually show up and then try to take the moral high ground? Somehow I doubt that the former is true so pipe down.

I've got no idea what you're on about to be honest. To clarify my point, if you were not at a game you cannot comment on the performance of either team.

To suggest you can is totally ludicrous...

Some very public bickering from the Morton fans on here.

I wasn't at the game but the result was no surprise. We have the ability to cause any team problems but if we lose a goal we tend to get steamrollered. Confidence is shot to pieces and that's 3 games in the last 4 that we've shipped 4 goals. The games against Forfar, Stranraer and Brechin were all 1-0 defeats with goals late in the game.

Our defence is in need of major overhaul but constant changes in line up have not helped. (how did Adam Cummins play last night?). Under Greig McDonald we played better with a 3-5-2 option but McLaren doesn't seem to fancy this.

Some very public bickering from the Morton fans on here.

I wasn't at the game but the result was no surprise. We have the ability to cause any team problems but if we lose a goal we tend to get steamrollered. Confidence is shot to pieces and that's 3 games in the last 4 that we've shipped 4 goals. The games against Forfar, Stranraer and Brechin were all 1-0 defeats with goals late in the game.

Our defence is in need of major overhaul but constant changes in line up have not helped. (how did Adam Cummins play last night?). Under Greig McDonald we played better with a 3-5-2 option but McLaren doesn't seem to fancy this.

The only reason we were in the game early on was thanks to Gastons multiple saves within quick succession. Stirling had atleast two chances, luckily for us they never took them, to score from rebounds from Gaston saves. Had your front men been quicker to react then the score line and game may well have been very different. Our defence was a shambles at the begining.

I have no idea what some of our players are thinking by backing off and don't going in to pressure opposition players on the ball???

Stirling reminded me of us last season. Competed fairly well; created a good amount of chance; go a goal down and chuck it with no fight whatsoever.

That's just what I thought of 'em too, both last night and in the last game at their place. Frustrating as hell for us last season and on that basis you can only feel sorry for their fans ( well, unless you're an erse!)

First half we bore no resemblance whatsoever to a football team. Stirling, on the other hand, were up for it and forced some decent saves from Gaston (MotM for me in spite of McCluskey's hat trick). Our defence contributed well to the moment when we saw two wonder saves in the same attack by just standing back and hoping Derek did the business. Scoring probably saved the team from jeers at the break, but the Stirling defence should never have let the cross reach Stefán.

Second half we were more composed, though far from convincing. Once the second went in Stirling heads were down. After that it was all eyes on the score at Ochilview.

A bit concerning that Gats was our MoM against a team rooted to the bottom. Some of his saves in the first half (edit !) - particularly the double save and the 'tip over the bar' were tremendous. It's hard to fathom the first half displays from the (now) top and bottom teams. Their no 10 -Stirling ? looked very lively but understandably faded in the second half as his efforts came to nothing and we had edged ahead.

Well done to Stef McLuskey on his first 'pro' hat trick - he does a power of running and is an additional source of goals and assists - but unlikely to get the credit he deserves at times. Ross Caldwell has had a fantastic impact since joining us - what a signing. The lower profile Ross Forbes has added quality to our midfield also.

I've been bemused by a lot of the managers decisions over the season - and last nights game highlights that we are far from the finished article, but it's hard to argue with a 4 nil win and top of the league - so credit to JD. We've got enough firepower in this squad to take this league but there's a few tricky ties ahead (starting Saturday).

Beating Forfar would be another massive step towards the title. Anything less and I'll be thinking about a de ja vu end to the season against Peterhead at Scapa (Which is a scenario that I've been thinking about all season) If Peaso can stay the pace however, Id be hopeful of an earlier conclusion.

Archived