Morton v Stirling

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any sort of win will do for me.

Maybe not right from the start, but I would like to see Caldwell, Peaso & McManus all on the pitch at the same time for at least a good 25 mins.

I have a feeling we'll see the 3 up top on Tuesday. And I look forward to it.

Agreed, Celtic reserves were supposed to be playing on either Monday or Tuesday night and it was called off because of a waterlogged pitch. The rain hasn't really stopped all week and there's more heavy rain/snow due in the next few days. Hopefully I'm wrong but I think the game will be off.

It has been typical Greenock, typical February weather. If Morton fail to get this game ahead at the second time after making a complete arse of the original fixture then heads ought to roll. And we should be questioning why we're letting Celtic Reserves anywhere near our pitch: they're not welcome.

It has been typical Greenock, typical February weather. If Morton fail to get this game ahead at the second time after making a complete arse of the original fixture then heads ought to roll. And we should be questioning why we're letting Celtic Reserves anywhere near our pitch: they're not welcome.

I'm only going on what Mark Farrell retweeted:

post-41554-14252476861806_thumb.jpg

Yes, that was 6 days ago but it's rained all week so I don't see how all of that water could've drained with even more falling. Again though if the covers were down when we were expecting heavy rain this could've been prevented. Yep, agreed but it's income and Dougie will bite anyone's hand off for money even if it is spare change.

And we should be questioning why we're letting Celtic Reserves anywhere near our pitch: they're not welcome.

The reality is that they ARE welcome as long as Morton are making a profit from them, and rightly so, given the income v outgoings situation at Morton. Seems like a pretty straightforward piece of fact-based analysis to me, champ.

Care to outline the annual contribution made to the club coffers by giving life's losers' rejects access to the pitch, as well as the costs of increased ground maintenance, needless postponements of matches and potentially jeopardising a return to Championship football, with the attendant gate receipts and prize money then?

Until those figures are put upon the table then it's not actually clear at all whether the decision registers a profit to the club at all so... in your own time.

Care to outline the annual contribution made to the club coffers by giving life's losers' rejects access to the pitch, as well as the costs of increased ground maintenance, needless postponements of matches and potentially jeopardising a return to Championship football, with the attendant gate receipts and prize money then?

Until those figures are put upon the table then it's not actually clear at all whether the decision registers a profit to the club at all so... in your own time.

The club quotes a figure of just under £2,000 to hire the park for 2 hours after the playing season is over.

It's always amazing how easy it is to catch a tiddler on here....... especially one with a big mouth. :P

I'm not here to do your, ahem, "fact-based analysis" for you, son. Ask yourself this though: whatever you think of the running of the club, do you REALLY think they'd offer Cappielow to Celtic (or anyone else, for that matter) at a loss? Hmmm??

In your own time, now....... :thumsup2

Heard from a guy in work who knows McManus through his partner, that him and Joe McKee were involved in a crash on the way back from Peterhead on Saturday. No serious injuries but Declan has whiplash and may be out for a few weeks.

Just passing on a message, don't blame me if it's BS!

Heard from a guy in work who knows McManus through his partner, that him and Joe McKee were involved in a crash on the way back from Peterhead on Saturday. No serious injuries but Declan has whiplash and may be out for a few weeks.

He's on Twitter, from yesterday, saying how he's going to be assisting Caldwell to a goal he owes him, so there's either been a speedy recovery or you've been spoon fed lies :)

Here's hoping this isn't the case.

He's on Twitter, from yesterday, saying how he's going to be assisting Caldwell to a goal he owes him, so there's either been a speedy recovery or you've been spoon fed lies :)

Declan favourited a tweet from myself on Saturday when I got home at 10pm so I did wonder myself. But tbh the guy did speak about Declan before he knew I was a morton fan, so he def does know him - will have to wait and see I suppose.

Archived