Aberdeen VS Motherwell on Friday 13th March

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't recall you posting the highlights of you lots game against St Johnstone.

Eh?

Well, they never caved like a bunch of pussies, did they?

St Johnstone are a better team, with better looking, more interesting fans who spend their money freely.

Were the aberdeen fans scrappin with each other about 5-10 mins from the end?

Yes. Ruck in section Y, no idea why it kicked off, but quite a rammy. Few lads tumbling over seats and one boy looked as if he got quite a doing.

What a horrible wee team Motherwell are. Niggly, diving cheating, moaning..too many adjectives none complimentary

Twice not giving the ball back

Cannot believe MacDonald wasnt sent off

Hope they go down.

That's utter crap.

2-1 down, a bounce ball not too far from the 18 yard line and gagging for points to pull them away from relegation/playoff places?

I would want my team to attack every bounce ball like that.

Actually i want my team to go into every bounce ball and try to win it.

Stuff this pc, namby pamby stuff of hoofing it back to the keeper.

Fair play Motherwell and I hope you stay up.

Btw, McDonald is a nippy wee b*****d.

Would have him in the team any day of the week

Not a great game. Logan MOTM.

Lasley still a thug and a limited footballer. Macdonald made a big difference for Well, good touch, intelligent player and a whinger who gets a lot out of the players around him. He could be the signing that keeps them up. Took Robson coming on to sort him out.

Side note, shite KO time for away fans so why couldn't both teams have a chat and think of ways to get a bigger away support up? Motherwell could subsidise buses and Aberdeen could maybe do a two for one deal?

Good home support, nice to see a ref getting dogs abuse from 4 relatively full stands.

I still can't get over Aberdeen's first goal, a literally outstanding save then prods the ball into the net :lol:

It was a Colin Stewart special. A decent save from the header, but as the ball trickled out he pushed it back into his own goal. I'm not entirely sure how he managed it.

It completely smashed his confidence because he was completely at fault for the second as well.

An interesting night, and a hard fought 3 points. Huge credit to Motherwell for coming up and taking advantage of us in the first half. In particular McDonald’s movement is superb and I thought Erwin had improved hugely playing with such an experienced player beside him. I note that Erwin got a ribbing a bit earlier in this thread, but I thought his work rate and play back to goal was intelligent. Vastly improved in the forward areas but defensively still as dodgy and shaky as ever before, ultimately may be the downfall of Motherwell.

First half, our shape was shambolic thanks to the decision to attempt to play Daniels beside Jack. It took all of about 10 minutes for Daniels to realise he was out of his depth there and head into the back line, which started to look very shaky. Thankfully, unlike 6 or 7 weeks ago at Perth, where McInnes blindly persisted with a partner for Jack who was breathing out his rear end, at least this time McInnes realised his cock up and reacted before half time. The goal was smart from McDonald, to be in the right place at the right time, and I couldn't complain we found ourselves a goal down.

The two goals were shambolic, free header for big Ash and after an incredible save the keeper couldn't gather. Then a hopeful punt, Laing and Long play the Chuckle Brothers and it was 2-1 out of nowhere. We continued to play alright for a half hour spell but nerves started to creep into our play. While Robson may have lost his legs, he was exactly what we needed in the game. Came on, brought some calmness to proceedings, and managed the game well. On a side note, watching him on the park giving our advice, he'll make a very good manager one day.

We badly miss Hayes's direct running but once we brought Pawlett on, we looked far more balanced and probably just about deserved to scrape over the line. Nae idea what the scrap was about in Section Y, but it was a fair going scrap!

Decent first half display and I thought we looked reasonably looked comfortable for period's of the game. Crazy three minute spell left us chasing the game. I questioned Long on last weeks goal and last night he sold another two. Dan must come back next week.

Not much from wide areas (Grant and Johnson) but Pearo was better than last week and Las battled away well. I will avoid stating my opinion on Straker.

We looked dangerous when Skippy and Erwin were on the ball in the last third. Skippy,s ability to drop deep and link was good,and Erwin caused a lot of problems with his intilligent movement (he definetly has a brain) he also is comfortable with both feet.

Derby win next week is a must.

Poor performance still good enough to heat dross like motherwell ! Onto dundee a week on Monday

Life goes on 2pac, but I ain't mad at cha.

Don't get your hopes up mate, we'll decimate your season further.

You do know that "decimate" means reduce by 10%........therefore your post makes no sense.

As usual.

Archived