Morton v Ayr

We've been playing shite lately and we haven't beaten Ayr all season. That isn't going to change.

The only positive it that it won't be Scott McLaughlin who scores Ayr's winner.

Oddly (and I agree I have no basis for optimism for this fixture) I think we might scrape this one. It would be great if our strikers get back in the groove and we win handsomely - but that's just being greedy :unsure2: . But we should be doing much better with the players at our disposal.

I'm randomly predicting 4-1 to the 'ton.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oddly (and I agree I have no basis for optimism for this fixture) I think we might scrape this one. It would be great if our strikers get back in the groove and we win handsomely - but that's just being greedy :unsure2: . But we should be doing much better with the players at our disposal.

I'm randomly predicting 4-1 to the 'ton.

I hope you're right, although it seems too predictable that this is the point where we bottle it.

Looks like tomorrow's 'conditions' are set to be very similar to last week's at Airdrie's, so presumably we'll line up as the same uncoordinated rabble with some of our best players on the bench; I wouldn't even rule out both McCluskeys starting.

There will be angry scenes.

Duffy has issued a happy-clappers charter about trying to encourage the team in forthcoming games; sadly he still doesn't get - or chooses not to acknowledge - that any criticism of players so far has been insignificant, compared to the entirely correct and loud criticism of his clueless management. The two issues are not going to be confused, despite the efforts of the usual suspects in the fanbase to do so.

Duffy has issued a happy-clappers charter about trying to encourage the team in forthcoming games; sadly he still doesn't get - or chooses not to acknowledge - that any criticism of players so far has been insignificant, compared to the entirely correct and loud criticism of his clueless management. The two issues are not going to be confused, despite the efforts of the usual suspects in the fanbase to do so.

I thought his 'defending' of Kilday and Forbes was a bit of eyewash too... and few will be fooled by this I'd imagine. I'd still advocate encouraging the team though - they have enough obstacles to overcome before they leave the dressing room. They need all the support they can get once they run on to the park

It's like listening to Ayr fans last year (myself included) going on about needing the manager sacked, even though the teams on course for a top 4 spot. It was obvious Rangers had that league sowed up, but we were challenging for promotion and actually never left the top 4 all season, yet wanted the manager sacked.

If you can see where I'm going with this, look where you're going to be next season....

If he's determined to go with a front two, it should be Caldwell and Peaso. Caldwell is a vital player for us. I'd argue he's the most vital player we have. Involved in pretty much everything good for us.

I'd rather have Peaso coming off the bench to make more of an impact to be honest, for me, he still doesn't seem 100% fit after being out. I think McManus and Caldwell pose more of a threat although that's just my opinion.

I'd rather have Peaso coming off the bench to make more of an impact to be honest, for me, he still doesn't seem 100% fit after being out. I think McManus and Caldwell pose more of a threat although that's just my opinion.

Agree with this. Caldwell should be a definite in any case.

We should be playing all 3 strikers (if fit) in every single game. There's absolutely no excuses for playing the McCluskey brothers week in week out when one of Peaso/Caldwell is sitting on the bench. Yes, I know our midfield is a bit weak and we couldn't play a 4-3-3, but even drop McManus back to left-mid (Which Duffy done anyway when he was partnering Barrowman) and play both Peaso & Caldwell up front. This way we have all our best players on the pitch and one of the McCluskey brothers get dropped. Not ideal but worth a try.

We have lost our last two games since going top of the league, and have taken one point from nine against Ayr this season. I wonder why were aren't confident going into the game tomorrow? I think we should go for it and play a 4-3-3.

Gaston

Kilday O'Ware Lamie Russell

Pepper Miller Forbes

Caldwell MacDonald McManus

Not really a fan of Miller, but he played well at Airdrie and is a better option than the McCluskey brothers.

Archived