Hibernian vs Queen of the South 04/04/15

Interesting game this, with both teams looking to return to form after hitting a slump at the business-end of the season. What's gone wrong Hibees? I had you as stick-ons to finish above The Rangers, and very strong candidates to win the Playoffs. Obviously this is still likely but it has looked less so the past few weeks?

With The Rangers facing Hearts on Sunday a Hibs win would put them in control again for the battle for 2nd place. Raith's surprise win against Hibs last week has thrown the fight for the last Playoff spot wide open, particularly with Raith and Falkirk playing each other.

Looking at our run-in this was always a game I felt we might have to nick something and Hibs defeat last week makes me slightly more confident that we can. I wasn't at our last two defeats though so perhaps I'm being a bit deluded on that front.

A draw in both games would be a very good outcome for us. A Raith win wouldn't be the worst for us if we were to lose at Easter Road, but it does give Raith the momentum and we don't play them again to try and halt this. An unlikely win for us would obviously be the best possible outcome, but I don't see it happening.

Presumably the thinking behind going with Dowie at right-back against Hearts was to make us more solid at the back, did it work? I like the way Kidd and Carmichael link up on the right and would be tempted to restore him to the side. That would have to be at the expense of Durnan who I believe had an absolute horrorshow against Raith, and who hasn't been at his best lately at all. How did he play at Tynecastle?

Glad to see McKenna in for the powderpuff McShane. These last few games are going to be a battle to scrape as many points as we can, something that McShane never seems up for, whereas The Dog thrives on it. Fingers crossed Russell is at least fit enough for the bench. We've clearly missed his attacking threat and goals.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see past a draw for this one, I'm afraid. Queen of the South are just to good to let Hibs get away with the drivel of the past two games. Saying that, if wee Jason is back then we might be able to find the back of the net once or twice.

Can't see past a draw for this one, I'm afraid. Queen of the South are just to good to let Hibs get away with the drivel of the past two games. Saying that, if wee Jason is back then we might be able to find the back of the net once or twice.

Just too good, eh? Har har! We were playing better when we came to Easter Road last time and didn't manage a shot on target all game.

Having said that, I'd take a point now. Hope manager sticks two up top, as he did at Tynecastle last Saturday.

Have Falkirk stopped beating Cowden 1-0 yet? Getting as tedious as Sellick v Arabs!

Cummings will surely be back for this. Badly missed him in the last two games. Really need a win to get ourselves back on track after two poor results. Cerny must be due a shot in goals at some point so I'd chuck him in this weekend. Oxley has been less than convincing for a while.

Has there been a single week where we have had a full complement of players to choose from - the working assumption has to be that we have an average of 3 key players unavailable every week.

Teams in the 70s seemed to operate with a squad of about 15/16 players and virtually fielded the same 11 every week - manages from that era would struggle now to cope with todays situation.

Archived