The Witcher 3

spud131

White Orchard will be over before you know it. Velen is a separate map you move onto once you've finished the introductory chapter in White Orchard. That and Skellige are enormous worlds to get stuck into.

Read that it's best to do everything in WO before moving on so I'm levelled up a bit so just going round the ? on the map and picked a few side quests to do as well.  Game's been brilliant so far imo.

Got a level point and increased my heavy attack. Is building up that, speed attack and Quen the best to go for to begin with?

2 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

Read that it's best to do everything in WO before moving on so I'm levelled up a bit so just going round the ? on the map and picked a few side quests to do as well.  Game's been brilliant so far imo.

Got a level point and increased my heavy attack. Is building up that, speed attack and Quen the best to go for to begin with?

It's whatever you fancy, really. Try and discover your playstyle first before you properly jump into a build. 

Is there much point in parrying/countering rather than dodging or rolling? Tough getting the timing right for the parry/counter but I suppose it keeps you closer to the opponent you're fighting.

Only doing it against groups of 4 or more humans. Anything else i dodge and try and get their backs as that does more damage.
Only level 17 and still get the occasional arse kicking from groups

Been trying it against the ghouls and getting caught out everytime.  Trying to find that Temerian shield with the flowers on it just now, can;t see it anywhere going to have to resort to google.

Wasnt aware you can use a shield. Dont think parry works on monsters. Use the kinetic blast to push them back when surrounded.

Finding the shield is part of a side mission to find a missing person got it now.

Ah interesting. Where would i get the mission? Im just pissing about clearing the ? From the land.

It was on the noticeboard near the tavern in White Orchard.  There's one ? I can't find get to it's like a camp or fort that's high up, it's to the west of the Ransacked Village.

Ah I failed that by going to velen. Rather annoyed it doesnt let you know that you move then it fails