The Witcher 3

spud131

I've done pretty much everything in WO now.  Can't select crossbow from my L1 menu with the magic signs for some reason so haven't been able to kill the underwater drowners at the last ? I have on the map.  Read online that you can swim past them though.  Only have 2 bombs so will have to leave one monster nest intact and can't find the key to the windmill, will do a google search for that tomorrow.  Once these are out of the way I'll leave WO to continue with the main quest.

52 minutes ago, Kool Keith said:

I've done pretty much everything in WO now.  Can't select crossbow from my L1 menu with the magic signs for some reason so haven't been able to kill the underwater drowners at the last ? I have on the map.  Read online that you can swim past them though.  Only have 2 bombs so will have to leave one monster nest intact and can't find the key to the windmill, will do a google search for that tomorrow.  Once these are out of the way I'll leave WO to continue with the main quest.

If you meditate then any bombs, oils and potions will be replenished and use up one bottle of alcohol from your pack (alcohest, dwarven spirit, cordials etc). 

As for the crossbow I'm not sure it works with menus on console but I'd unequip everything from your spare item slots then re-equip the crossbow alone. See if that helps?

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

If you meditate then any bombs, oils and potions will be replenished and use up one bottle of alcohol from your pack (alcohest, dwarven spirit, cordials etc). 

As for the crossbow I'm not sure it works with menus on console but I'd unequip everything from your spare item slots then re-equip the crossbow alone. See if that helps?

I'll destroy all those nests then. Read online that other people had been having the same problem with the crossbow and to try unequipping/re-equipping  I can't use it in the same way I would a magic sign even though it's part of that wheel menu when I press R1.   Apparently that windmill door can't be unlocked and there's a lot more like it later in the game.

The heist quest in HoS is really good as well, made me think of GTA V when you pick your squad for it, with in-game consequences depending on the guys you end up with. Actually the main story quests in HoS might be the best ones in the whole thing.

Without spoiling, it was the last run that really stuck with me in HoS.  At the house.  It was something competely different to what had gone before in the game, and there were a few wonderful moments.

HoS is tragic as hell. [emoji24]

Just ventured to skellige at level 19. Jesus it ramps up difficulty in some parts. Some of the creatures id be ripping apart with ease in velen and novigrad seem to have my own level added to them and doubled in numbers. Couple of near deaths taking them on. Poison shooting ones are a particular b*****d

• 2 weeks later...

Way down in the list of free DLC there's a New Game Plus one.  Lets you restart with all your gear minus quest items, at the level you finished at, but everything has been ranked up in terms of required level.  It's absolutely brutal so far, each fight is a real battle.  Reached level 55 by end game last time, and most enemies I've found are at least 61 so far in Velen.

Going to try and complete the game one last time before I finally leave it behind.

So I picked this up the other week. I'm not far into it at the moment. Have almost hit level 3 and have completed all of the parts leading up to the Griffin, is it recommended to be a few levels above what I am before attempting to kill him?

I did it at level 2. Took a couple of attempts.
I am a good bit further on having made it story wise to kaer morhen. You are going to love this

I did it at level 2. Took a couple of attempts.
I am a good bit further on having made it story wise to kaer morhen. You are going to love this

Tbh I've only played a few hours and am loving it already anyway! One thing I'm not keen on is the swimming, I've banished a noonwraithe from a well but after I'd jumped into the well it took ages for me to get back out again, it seemed that every time I started swimming in the right direction I ended up turning around and going back the way I'd just come from

Tbh I've only played a few hours and am loving it already anyway! One thing I'm not keen on is the swimming, I've banished a noonwraithe from a well but after I'd jumped into the well it took ages for me to get back out again, it seemed that every time I started swimming in the right direction I ended up turning around and going back the way I'd just come from

Yes. Not keen on it either. Drowners when swimming are a pain as you end up facing all the wrong ways and almost drowning.
Also not a fan of the horse riding.

The one weakness the game has are the horses.  Still don't control quite well enough, and often just stop for nothing.  Still, they have improved things from release, more than other developers do.

Just playing through the Bloody Baron quest line again.  What a masterpiece that is.  Reached level 59 I believe on New Game Plus, it's becoming quite difficult to level up further, having some absolute wars to get through fights. 

EDIT: I had no idea that the Baron questline had two different endings

Previously I've always got the one where he hangs himself, which is really the only way they can trump their absolutely miserable story up to then.  This time though I didn't do any of the stuff with that haunted tree thing and just killed it, which apparently led his wife not to be fully cursed by the witches and be taken away for healing by the Baron.  Nice that even after hundreds of hours on this game, you can find something you haven't seen before.

Edited by forameus