Post-Split Fixtures

Doncaster :lol:

Someone, somewhere thinks he is doing a good job *shudder*

Fixture FARCE as marathon talks with TV bosses ensure league chiefs are "NOWHERE NEAR" revealing post-split matches

17:59, 14 April 2015 By Keith Jackson

HAMPDEN source admits its an "embarrassment" as broadcasters and cops fail to come to an agreement and season could creep into JUNE!

SCOTTISH leagues bosses are locked in marathon talks with broadcasters and cops after failing to agree on the post-split top-flight fixtures.

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster had expected to announce the dates of all matches in this seasons climax this afternoon.

But, despite spending the past two days in negotiations with the bosses of Sky TV and BT Sport as well as Police Scotland, no agreement was even close to being reached by close of business.

It is now hoped a solution can be found today as Doncaster battles against the clock to rubber-stamp the run-in.

A source close to the talks told Record Sport: To say this process is proving incredibly difficult would be something of an understatement.

"Its not just a case of two rival broadcasters arguing over who gets the best live games and when, but its also further complicated by the requirements of the police.

At this moment in time its fair to say we are nowhere near reaching an agreement.

"People will obviously describe this an embarrassment which it is but its also a highly-complicated situation. On top of everything else there is an imbalance in this years fixtures which has been thrown up because Hamilton did not make the top six.

As a result of this, difficult decisions have to be made and its going to be impossible to keep everyone happy. When anyone is asked to play away from home three times in one season against the same club it becomes problematic. But these are the issues which arise from having the split and they have to be dealt with.

The talks have been further complicated by the possibility of either Falkirk or Hibs - who face each other in Saturdays Scottish Cup semi final - also reaching the final promotion play-off for place in next seasons Premiership. Such a scenario would force the SPFL to extend the season into June.

It is likely that, even if the post split fixtures are announced tomorrow, a definitive date for the play-off final will be held back until next week at the earliest.

Thus proving Keith Jackson to be a grade A moron.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not how it works. Motherwell had 18 home games and 20 aways last season so they weren't going to get it again.

Motherwell had 19 home and 19 away in 2013-14. They did however only have 18 home games as recently as 2009-10, and Kilmarnock had 20 home games in 2011-12, so I assume that's why the SPFL have arranged it this way.

_82326970_10153154.jpg

Come on BBC - THIS picture again? My eyes, my poor, poor eyes.

Still can't decide whether Dillon deserves a punny eccy or rewarded for "forgetting" his kit.

I think it's fair to suggest the only thing they got right about this picture was keeping the St Mirren strip as far away and as well hidden as they possibly could :lol:

ETA They actually did put the ugliest 2 of a pretty ugly bunch right at the front of the picture. I know it's because of who they play for, but surely there was another way? Also, surely the photographer took several shots ( :guns might have been better) but at the end of the day THIS was his best one?

I think it's fair to suggest the only thing they got right about this picture was keeping the St Mirren strip as far away and as well hidden as they possibly could :lol:

ETA They actually did put the ugliest 2 of a pretty ugly bunch right at the front of the picture. I know it's because of who they play for, but surely there was another way? Also, surely the photographer took several shots ( :guns might have been better) but at the end of the day THIS was his best one?

All Broony is missing is a pizza crunch supper 8)

Who's the Thistle guy...

I didn't get the two trips I wanted but it's a fantastic set of fixtures for us if we want to finish as high up as we can. We basically only have to leave Dundee for one fixture out of the five.

Disappointed that County away isn't the last game of the season, and I'm missing it due to work because of when it is. St. Mirren in the second game is fine as I wanted them first. Motherwell will be really tough if we're in the thick of things, so hopefully we don't need to worry about that and it's an enjoyable day in Motherwell (:lol:)

Well I'm glad we get the most important games out of the way first, good draw for County. Not so good for me; I have to book the annual trip to see the family up north well before the fixtures come out, and yet again we're playing away the weekend I'm up there, typical - I haven't actually seen us play in the Premiership yet, my luck with fixture draws is terrible :lol: Maybe if we stay up we might actually manage to play Hearts at a time where the trains to Edinburgh line up for me!

Incidentally, if Motherwell beat Hamilton on Friday 24th, Kilmarnock would have first shot at being the lucky b*****ds who relegate St Mirren, by beating them the next day.

I am reticent about shouting this up as, knowing us, we'll relegate them and then lose the next 4 and end up in the playoffs!

I can't believe people still think Sky & BT give a f**k about what's actually happening on the pitch. Maximise advertising revenue and sell packages to the OF muppets is all 'Scottish football' is to them.

The 3 away games being Saturday 3pm kick offs is ideal. Stunned Tayside Polis have let the 2 games go ahead at that time, but nae doubt every pub round the grounds will be forced shut to prevent the eejits who travel with us down to Dundee causing hassle. Inverness away at 3pm is superb, always a good day in the town centre up there pre match.

Celtic winning the league at Pittodrie fills me with the fear, really can't be arsed with that. With a cut allocation, nae doubt they'll be gloryhunters dotted all over the home end, really can't get motivated by that one with our form against them this season. Hopefully Celtic drop sufficient points to have to wait till the following weekend, but sadly looking likely. Grim.

Archived