Post-Split Fixtures

Derek Rae has said on Twitter he "expects" further fixture changes for live coverage on BT.

A farce if true. TV games should be decided when the fixtures are drawn up - it's only 5 weeks' worth FFS.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know. It used to be possible to tally them up on the old SPL website, but the SPFL remove games from the TV Schedule page once they're played.

If anyone has the time or inclination, they could trawl through the news pages looking for "fixture amendments".

I think Sky are maxed-out on The Championship, though, with 2 each of Edinburgh derbies and fixtures between The Rangers and Hearts/Hibs.

Can't wait for the last game of the season. Could be in with a chance of Europe, bumper Saints crowd!

Oh wait, we're away to Aberdeen. On a Sunday. And it kicks off at 12:30. <_<

Aye, because having to cram another 6 games into the season wouldn't hamper our clubs in Europe :lol:. Split is a good idea: it allows us to have 12 clubs instead of 10 in the top tier, provides an optimal 38-game season, and gives mid-table clubs something to play for... After the split lots of head-to-head games provide further excitement. On balance the occasional 18/20 or 20/18, and 3/1 or 1/3, and worth it for the bigger benefits.

That doesn't change the fact that (1) SPFL should be more transparent and explain the system better; and (2) get the fixtures out quicker.

:P

Might as well go back to a top tier of 10 clubs with no split but increase the amount of clubs facing relegation, 3 up and 3 down and 7th and 8th have a play off to see who is going down with 9th & 10th. That has 4 clubs at the top competing for European places added to the 4 facing relegation and two clubs in-between competing for European footy or facing a relegation play off. That to me sounds like a more competitive league with more clubs playing for either Europe, survival in the league or fighting off relegation.

Send the fucking 12 club split after 33 games down to the 2nd division where it will be more beneficial to those two clubs that might have been thrown out if it where a 10 club top tier.

A top tier of ten clubs and limited relegation places makes it too elite and stagnant and even boring playing practically the same clubs four times a season year in and year out.

Also I do not think it is fair to a club in form with less than ten games left being in the bottom six and climbing the division by a winning streak that may have eventually even gotten a European place because of it.

Splits suck. :angry:

I think it's fair to suggest the only thing they got right about this picture was keeping the St Mirren strip as far away and as well hidden as they possibly could :lol:

ETA They actually did put the ugliest 2 of a pretty ugly bunch right at the front of the picture. I know it's because of who they play for, but surely there was another way? Also, surely the photographer took several shots ( :guns might have been better) but at the end of the day THIS was his best one?

I once saw Willo Flood in the Terrace bar at Dublin airport at half six in the morning. He was drinking full fat coke, whilst his girlfriend ordered a blue alcopop thing. He isn't punching above his weight.

I once saw Willo Flood in the Terrace bar at Dublin airport at half six in the morning. He was drinking full fat coke, whilst his girlfriend ordered a blue alcopop thing. He isn't punching above his weight.

He is. He's got a girlfriend.

The idea of sending Motherwell into the play-offs on the final day of the season makes me feel very warm indeed, especially given their disgraceful hypocrisy over the vote in 2004. :)

Was it not Motherwell's representative who noticed that a vote for Partick Thistle had been "accidentally" counted for Inverness during the first vote?

Kilmarnock write to SPFL to protest at 'unfair treatment' over fixtures Kilmarnock have written to SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster to protest over "unfair treatment".

Chairman Jim Mann highlighted issues over the post-split fixtures, namely the number of home games they have got.

Kilmarnock have received only two home fixtures after the split, meaning they will be the only side in the top flight to have played 18 home games and 20 away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32340539

Was 18/20 actually avoidable?

Kilmarnock write to SPFL to protest at 'unfair treatment' over fixtures Kilmarnock have written to SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster to protest over "unfair treatment".

Chairman Jim Mann highlighted issues over the post-split fixtures, namely the number of home games they have got.

Kilmarnock have received only two home fixtures after the split, meaning they will be the only side in the top flight to have played 18 home games and 20 away.

No - one team in top 6 was going to get 20-18 because Motherwell failed to make top 6

That was my criticism of the statement - they should have put less focus on the 18/20 issue and more on the request for a home fixture.

The 18/20 thing was unavoidable - someone had to have it, and chances are things will get evened up at some point. Whinging about it seems a bit petty and deflects attention away from the second, entirely valid point.

That was my criticism of the statement - they should have put less focus on the 18/20 issue and more on the request for a home fixture.

The 18/20 thing was unavoidable - someone had to have it, and chances are things will get evened up at some point. Whinging about it seems a bit petty and deflects attention away from the second, entirely valid point.

You had 20 home games in 2011/12, so you could be even already. I didn't bother going back any further, so equally those 20 games might already be balancing out a previous 18 game season.

Next season, I fully expect us to have only 16 pre-split home games which leaves the option of 18 if needs be, to balance the 20 we've got this season.

Archived