Settle a debate - Neutrals views appreciated - Dundee & Utd XI

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might as well bash up our respective teams...

Bain

McGowan McPake Fojut Dixon

Thomson P. McGowan or P.Paton

Dow Harkins Stewart

Ciftci

Obviously we disagree on everything bar the 2nd CM slot - I want Gowser - he wants Paton (inexplicably IMO)

Arguments went this way...

Keeper - no brainer.

Defence - both give McGowan the edge over McGinn but it is tight and I personally think McGinn will become better.

Dixon was in as the best of a bad bunch

Consensus at CH

Midfield - I bow to his better judgement on Dow, I had forgot about Connolly when including him but he persuaded me to stick with Dow.

If you need to argue about the central midfield have a look at the derby match - IMO Thomson bossed it and Gowser was my MoM and has been my PotY so far.

My pals argument is that he doesn't see Gowser as a deeper CM but as an attacking option and he would prefer Harkins/Erskine "in the hole" due to their superior goals and assists.

Greg Stewart is an absolute bricker.

AM we had a good debate about - he acknowledges Erskine isn't the best player but that he provides a decent number of goals and assists so is worth a slot. As I stated above though Harkins has just 1 less goal and more assists and on that basis along with his ability to have a decisive ipact on games we reached a consensus on him.

Ciftci is another no brainer up top. Tankulic hasn't shown enough, Anier, Bilate, Heffernan and Clarkson - just no - Wighton hasn't had the game time.

From what I have seen this season

--------------------------------Bain-------------------------------------

----McGinn----------Fojut--------------Konrad----------Irvine--------

--------------------Telfer-------------McGowan--------------------

-------Erskine---------------Dow----------------Stewart-------

------------------------------Cifcti-----------------------------------

Assuming a solid, experienced manager.

Bain

McGowan Fojut Souttar Dixon

Connolly P.McGowan McGinn Stewart

Ciftci Dow

Rado has been worth a goal conceded a game for much of the season, so Bain gets the nod.

Despite left-back being a concern, the backline is a no-brainer, Souttar's undeniable class edging out Morris.

The midfield is more interesting. Connolly and Stewart are both very good on their day, and United's central midfield options are consistently meh right now. Sub in McCallister or sick note Thompson if you want, you BNBs will know better than me who works better in the engine room.

Up front again a no-brainer.

Only 7-4 United, absolute minter.

Assuming a solid, experienced manager.

Bain

McGowan Fojut Souttar Dixon

Connolly P.McGowan McGinn Stewart

Ciftci Dow

Rado has been worth a goal conceded a game for much of the season, so Bain gets the nod.

Despite left-back being a concern, the backline is a no-brainer, Souttar's undeniable class edging out Morris.

The midfield is more interesting. Connolly and Stewart are both very good on their day, and United's central midfield options are consistently meh right now. Sub in McCallister or sick note Thompson if you want, you BNBs will know better than me who works better in the engine room.

Up front again a no-brainer.

Only 7-4 United, absolute minter.

^^^Gone 4-4-2 to shoehorn as many dabs in as possible imo.

At least you are realistic about your midfield but that defence....,

post-32505-14290199095897_thumb.jpg

Seeing as Scott Bain is everyones goalkeeper choice does that mean if we do make a move for him in the summer as is rumoured that Jackie McNamara gets 10% ?

I hate to sound negative, but no.

Archived