Scottish Cup Final 2015 - Falkirk Vs ICT

Wasn't Queen's Street Station a complete shambles yesterday, trains delayed or late and all gates out of use to people entering the platform. Couldn't say that the number of people in the station at the time was any worse than a rush hour with everyone heading for the Edinburgh train.

I saw how people wanting to get to the Falkirk area were never told that they had to queue around the back at the taxi rank and missed their train.

Did the transport network completely underestimate the volume of people coming back from the match?. If the police and the network from Central Station were so brilliantly organised and as I saw most people were calm, patient and considerate to others, why did QSS border on the verge of a free for all, people impatient and pushing in, because of the lack of information and organisation?.

All you could do was laugh and try not to get annoyed.

19.18 Heading for Larbert, "The train for Alloa will depart from platform 6", changed to 7 when going on the board, wasn't there. Having then arrived (disembarking & loading) to be told "this isn't the Alloa train". Found the train at the back had still to arrive! It left at 20 mins late.

To think this is happening before the Winchburgh tunnel closes for two months!

Edited by kiddy

Our fans were brilliant and where did they all come from?. 8)

Falkirk supporters out in numbers and a few neutrals with preferences around, made it an attendance I don't think anyone expected.

Everyone behaved themselves apart from one or two who got carried away, when Falkirk scored and when the final whistle sounded, all good natured.

The only blight was on the way back on the last train back some idiot pulled the emergency chord at Aviemore and then there was an alcohol fueled fight at the slide doors in between the rear two carriages as the train pulled out and there was no police nor staff to put a stop to it, so stupid and right in front of children.

19.18 Heading for Larbert, "The train for Alloa will depart from platform 6", changed to 7 when going on the board, wasn't there. Having then arrived (disembarking & loading) to be told "this isn't the Alloa train". Found the train at the back had still to arrive! It left at 20 mins late.

To think this is happening before the Winchburgh tunnel closes for two months!

I saw the Falkirk Grahamston train will depart from platform Q, what is that?. :lol:

On the train to Aberdeen 19:40 it was announced as the train started moving ''this train will not be stopping at Falkirk''??. :huh:

Beam me up Scotty! :lol:

Congrats Inverness. This feels worse than losing to Kilmarnock and Rangers. Falkirk should have run down the clock and taken the game to Extra Time. They were certainties to win. McDonald cost us goal 1 running our when it was unnecessary and goal 2 fluffing basically a pass back.

This game proved other than Celtic, the rest of the top league are no better than half of the championship.

Inverness got away with harsh treatment to Sibbald and Loy that should have been punished, but that's Column for you.

It's funny how the wrong team seems to win this cup more often than the team that should have.

#shhnotears

What did joey say...does anyone really know?

You've hurt my feelings now. All that I was trying to say was, well done to ICT who won the game fairly and squarely. Falkirk looked like a Championship team, played like a Championship team, and lost.

Congrats Inverness. This feels worse than losing to Kilmarnock and Rangers. Falkirk should have run down the clock and taken the game to Extra Time. They were certainties to win. McDonald cost us goal 1 running our when it was unnecessary and goal 2 fluffing basically a pass back.

This game proved other than Celtic, the rest of the top league are no better than half of the championship.

Inverness got away with harsh treatment to Sibbald and Loy that should have been punished, but that's Column for you.

It's funny how the wrong team seems to win this cup more often than the team that should have.

DEAL WI IT

Me and a few pals went through for this one, can't turn down a fiver for a cup final. Great atmosphere in the centre of town before the game, unfortunately we were too hungover to fully join in the festivities! Sat in the Caley end and fully wanted them to win. They have a terrific team and deserve the cup win. The first goal exemplified this, you wont see a better passing move than that, incisive and quick with a clinical finish. They deserve more fans than they had at the game today and hopefully this can win over some more of the locals and get them coming back to the home games.

Well done to the Falkirk fans, what a roar when they scored. Falkirk set out to stifle the Caley possession game in the first half and did well pressing high up the park. Inverness aren't built for counter attacking but they do have the better players and managed to get Watkins away a few times. His pace is truly lethal. Ofere doesn't really fit in with the ICT possession game, but I suppose he adds finishing to a team which needs it. I don't think he had a sniff all game, but Hughes was right to keep him on as he's the most likely to sniff a half chance. Doran was good in the first half but faded in the second. Thought Christie was disappointing, much better in the Celtic game.

Well done to all involved, thanks for a very entertaining Cup Final!!

Only having read the three above comments, my take is that Inverness just about deserved it but Falkirk take great credit for their second half performance. Collum was poor but called the big decisions correctly. The lino at the Falkirk end got a couple of things wrong but goal was a good one. No penalty. A foot outside the box and no intent. Wouldn't blame McDonald for the first, he had to come out as the guy was in (great pass) but obviously a nightmare for him for the winner. Always liked that keeper and felt that he was more deserving of a national call up than the likes of Fox and Bell. Couldn't have picked out James Vincent in a line up before yesterday but that was an amazing run from him. Must admit seeing Falkirk winning would have rankled after we owned them last season but one good thing would have been the winning side being full of Scots, mostly young ones. For all that Inverness deserve a lot of praise, only having three Scots in your starting line up is a bit poor. As if their fans care, eh?

Same as the semi-final against Hearts, we went for it after THAT goal from Crunchie only to be hit with a sucker punch - perhaps Houstie should have come to the touchline and calmed things down and played out the last few minutes before et, but we never learn! Good day out tho and fair play to the ICT fans.

Falkirk really should have played for ET. They were using the extra man well and would have had the extra legs to deal with the extra time. Caley are a fit bunch of lads but Watkins would have needed to come off. He was knackered. That's why his shot was so weak IMO. Worked out in the end though!

Bloody rollercoaster game that one.

I'm overjoyed for the team and all the highland youngsters who were there, it will will define how a lot of them feel about what is possible in the game.

I dreamed the score the night before, but when I woke up I couldn't remember which team it was for, so it wasn't the handiest bit of second sight - until the last 7 minutes.

ICT's makeshift defence meant the whole team was on a shoogly base, and Falkirk's goal was coming for a good 40 minutes - it was almost a relief when it went in, felt nearly certain they would make good and finish us off.

The break for the winner was pure determination - Watkins burning every last bit of fuel he had left, and Vincent making damn sure it wasn't going to be for nothing.

Sympathies for Falkirk, their fans were great - and their players took us to the limit. Might not have been the prettiest, but a great contest nonetheless.

I know we have no god given right but there will be more cup finals in my lifetime. I was 22 when we appeared in 1997. It was our first final since 1957 and were occurring every 40 odd years. I savoured that day as realistically that would be our one shot in my lifetime. I've now been to 3 Falkirk cup finals in 18 years.

Folk are saying this was our greatest chance but Killie were not half the side ICT are. Folk are comparing this final with our last. We won't necessarily meet the OF in any future final.

Gutted but not feeling as bad as McCracken and McDonald will be. That moment we scored, the absolute scenes afterwards and the noise we made will stay with me for a long, long time.

Proud to be a Bairn. Glad that the ICT fans have shown genuine good grace in victory. A class above compared to the misguided triumphalism shown by some.

I know we have no god given right but there will be more cup finals in my lifetime. I was 22 when we appeared in 1997. It was our first final since 1957 and were occurring every 40 odd years. I savoured that day as realistically that would be our one shot in my lifetime. I've now been to 3 Falkirk cup finals in 18 years. Folk are saying this was our greatest chance but Killie were not half the side ICT are. Folk are comparing this final with our last. We won't necessarily meet the OF in any future final. Gutted but not feeling as bad as McCracken and McDonald will be. That moment we scored, the absolute scenes afterwards and the noise we made will stay with me for a long, long time. Proud to be a Bairn. Glad that the ICT fans have shown genuine good grace in victory. A class above compared to the misguided triumphalism shown by some.

...or you've had a century's worth of final appearances up front, and the great deity of final allocations is closing the book.

Probably just me being pessimistic, though :P

Same as the semi-final against Hearts, we went for it after THAT goal from Crunchie only to be hit with a sucker punch - perhaps Houstie should have come to the touchline and calmed things down and played out the last few minutes before et, but we never learn! Good day out tho and fair play to the ICT fans.

Best goal I've seen at a game I've attended. As the years go by he beats more players and shoots from further out!

Hard luck on yesterday. Would have been as jealous as a jealous thing, if you had done it. Given how you were ripping into them, I can understand why the players kept going for it but ET was what they should have been aiming for. Losing that goal was crass in the situation the game was in. Sorry for the keeper; he must be hurting right now.

I know we have no god given right but there will be more cup finals in my lifetime. I was 22 when we appeared in 1997. It was our first final since 1957 and were occurring every 40 odd years. I savoured that day as realistically that would be our one shot in my lifetime. I've now been to 3 Falkirk cup finals in 18 years.

Folk are saying this was our greatest chance but Killie were not half the side ICT are. Folk are comparing this final with our last. We won't necessarily meet the OF in any future final.

Gutted but not feeling as bad as McCracken and McDonald will be. That moment we scored, the absolute scenes afterwards and the noise we made will stay with me for a long, long time.

Proud to be a Bairn. Glad that the ICT fans have shown genuine good grace in victory. A class above compared to the misguided triumphalism shown by some.

I felt that Falkirk deserved a draw after their play in the second half yesterday. ICT deserved their lead at half time, but seemed to lose their way in the second half with some normally reliable players looking out of sorts. I felt we only started playing decent football again after Falkirk scored, the winner had a huge slice of luck about it as it looked a harmless shot from Watkins that the keeper spilled gratefully at Vincent's feet to sweep it into the net and start magnificent scenes amongst the ICT fans. The feeling at full time will live with me forever, what an incredible journey we've been on since 1994, defying the odds.

Incredible turnout for ICT parading the cup through the city this afternoon.

Questions need to be asked as to why so few of them actually attend the club's home games.

I was there and I don't attend the games because I'm not an ICT fan ;) I will take my wee girls to ICT though if they end up being interested in football and that has to be the hope for the club, that your current success manages to catch the next generation. The Old Firm being off the radar for a while is also good news. I do think the club could do a bit more and should look at keeping their presence in the city centre with the shop. Keep the school visits going too and make sure you capitalise on this win.