First World Problems

10 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Don't have a spare. One of those stupid inflating kit things.

I binned that straight away and fitted a proper spare.

Because I'm a man and, as such, am able to change a fucking tyre.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

11 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I did that on the last car but am I f**k paying for a new wheel for a lease car. I will summon someone to sort it if I get a puncture.

8 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I did that on the last car but am I f**k paying for a new wheel for a lease car. I will summon someone to sort it if I get a puncture.

^^^Stands bubbling in the rain with mascara all down his cheeks waiting for the AA man to turn up and change his burst tyre.

19 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I stayed in a hotel in the Lake District which on arrival I found out had no wifi and the 3G signal was too poor to get Internet.
It was fully one of these-

:what:

It was a rough week. How do people with no internet look stuff up?

You have to bring a scud book and do it old school.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I'm in a similar situation.  Lease car where there's not an option for a spare or anywhere to store one other than the boot.

I've only had a problem once with a puncture and thankfully it happened right opposite a garage; I wouldn't even try and use the 'repair' thing.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm in a similar situation.  Lease car where there's not an option for a spare or anywhere to store one other than the boot.

I've only had a problem once with a puncture and thankfully it happened right opposite a garage; I wouldn't even try and use the 'repair' thing.

They're a complete waste of time. The inflator is handy if it's a slow, or not completely shredded and you can pump it up until you get to a garage, but you'd probably be better pishing into the tyre than trying to use that silicon stuff.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Eh I've changed tyres several times. Fairly straight forward.

You know when people say, "Oh, it looks like you brought the weather with you, hahahahahahahaha" and you want to punch them straight on the mouth for their shite, lazy, clichéd 'patter'? Aye, well I'm beginning to think I actually have brought it to Western Australia. 

Just had the longest, wettest, coldest winter in decades and now January is heading for the wettest in 20 years. How the f**k am I supposed to maintain a good tan in this weather? These c***s getting sent back to war torn countries from the USA don't know how good they've got it.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/what-summer-perth-set-for-wettest-january-in-almost-20-years-20170130-gu1a3h.html

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-05/2016-perth-winter-coolest-in-decades-bom-climate-report/8164000

On 1/31/2017 at 09:22, Cerberus said:
Apparently 1 in 3 Australian immigrants go back to Britain.

They want some First World problems.

It's a funny ol' life.

@Eednud and I have been here for years so unlucks @Dee Man. Last in first out!

Edited by Swarley

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Apparently 1 in 3 Australian immigrants go back to Britain.
They want some First World problems.

It's a funny ol' life.

A load of them go back to UK after homesickness, then remember why they left in the first place, go back to Oz and so on. They're referred to as ping pong poms.

Got given a courtesy car while mine is repaired and MOT'd. It's an inferior model to my own and I think someone recognised me driving it home. On the plus side I haven't driven a manual for about 5 years and I barely noticed the difference.