Shire v Champions

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shire fans - what's happened to Bolo?

Tully fell out with him in December and he hasn't played since. He has continued to train and turn up to games as wanted to stay here, but Tully gave him no chance. Off to run the show at Barry Ferguson's circus apparently.

I'd like us to continue with the uncomplicated 4-4-2 that we used last week and give young TJ another run-out up front; he was very good last week without getting any breaks. Fisher back to central midfield would be another change, and Chappie surely has to get a cameo at some point, for what will likely be his farewell.

I'd play big Hughes in goal too. The laddie has turned up every week without getting close to a start, and been an important part of the community coaching too (my 8 year old thinks he's magic). I'm also told by those who know these things that he's quite a talent.

On domestics, do Shire get to use the wee bar, and if so, do kids get in?

On domestics, do Shire get to use the wee bar, and if so, do kids get in?

As Bairnito says, no wee bar for Shire. No one to run it I am told

The pub on the other side of the ground is happy to let kids in

I'd like us to continue with the uncomplicated 4-4-2 that we used last week and give young TJ another run-out up front; he was very good last week without getting any breaks. Fisher back to central midfield would be another change, and Chappie surely has to get a cameo at some point, for what will likely be his farewell.

Was he?! And do you know something about Chaplain that we don't?

This Mark McGuigan thing is getting spooky, by the way. I'm convinced I'm his unlucky charm in front of goal.

Was he?! And do you know something about Chaplain that we don't?

This Mark McGuigan thing is getting spooky, by the way. I'm convinced I'm his unlucky charm in front of goal.

You may not have to watch big Mark much more Albino , have been told from a couple of sources he`s on a few clubs wanted list for next season .Great result for the boys today . Congrats to all the Champions , Celts, Jambos, Morton and The Wee Vers. Happy days .

Actually, there's no "have to" about it! I give Mark the odd bit of stick for his sitter-conversion record but I'll be the first to praise him as one of the best footballers at the Rovers- and probably our best player athletically. I'd be sorry to see the back of him but wouldn't grudge him a move- as long as it's a move up, and not a Michael McGowan moment.

Was he?!

Oh do f**k off with the passive-aggressive schtick!

And do you know something about Chaplain that we don't?

No, clearly not: had I been sure I wouldn't have used "what will likely be" However, let's examine the facts that led me to my, admittedly speculative, summation:

• Chappie has been out of favour for most of the season;
  • Our manager has already stated he has eight players signed up to come in on pre-contracts;
  • The wage budget will be markedly lower next year;
  • Chappie is a top earner

Moving on to today;s game, we were absolutely superb, and if that's what we're capable of on an artificial surface, then I'll happily lay ours myself. Gary Fisher was the stand-out, with a sublime performance although Ally Love wasn't far behind. To be honest, we were were guilty of being elaborate at times, and had we needed a result today, it could have been an embarrassment for a very poor Shire side.

So farewell to what has been a very successful squad, and roll-on Mark II.

No schtick around TJ, I was genuinely surprised to read that you thought he played very well!

It would seem you did know things about Chaplain that I didn't until reading your bullet points- but I still can't see how his departure, by any stretch of the imagination, can be seen as "likely".

Thanks for the summation of today's game.

Gemmell is on the biggest wage at Rovers, wouldn`t be surprised if Darren tries to get shot of him as he`s draining the wage pot big time. I know he`s a fans favourite ( well some of them ) but I don`t think he`s done it this year . Time to move on .

Gemmell is on the biggest wage at Rovers, wouldn`t be surprised if Darren tries to get shot of him as he`s draining the wage pot big time. I know he`s a fans favourite ( well some of them ) but I don`t think he`s done it this year . Time to move on .

I can't argue with that, although the system Rovers play with all the interchanging between the front four doesn't really suit John. I think he's on a two year deal though, so it would be expensive to move him on.

No schtick around TJ, I was genuinely surprised to read that you thought he played very well!

I'm surprised that you're surprised that someone can have a different opinion. Football is all about opinions. People see things differently. Doesn't mean one is right and the other is wrong.

Must admit I thought TJ did well against Arbroath, but will go and stand on the naughty step with Snuffy.

I'm surprised that you're surprised that someone can have a different opinion. Football is all about opinions. People see things differently. Doesn't mean one is right and the other is wrong.

Must admit I thought TJ did well against Arbroath, but will go and stand on the naughty step with Snuffy.

I also thought he did well in his 20 mins leading the line yesterday. There's talent there and effort aplenty, and the fact Albino is disparaging about him is even better.

Archived