The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dundee United released two goalkeepers today and my mate says that it's looking like Ferguson is number one target.

Heard last night that apart from Dundee United there is also interest from York City and Aberdeen.

Taylor Morgan was decent. I like Brian Prunty as a player and person and out of anyone in recent times that could be considered for the hall of fame at some stage in the future he is the only potential candidate but Morgan has done more than Prunty this season.

He has had some excellent games and others where he has shown some quality flashes of skill. The service to him hasn't been great to him either.

It is has become fashionable to slate him on this forum by fans of other clubs who portray him as a joke figure and too many easily led Airdrie fans were far too quick to jump on the band wagon. The treatment he got at the start of his time at Airdrie with folk unwilling to give him a chance and desperate to see him fail was disgraceful.

Can't understand anybody being such a complete sheep that they let their opinions be so clearly formed by folk on Internet forums they don't even know.

For a big fella Morgan was poor in the air. Also his determination to embelish with a few touches here and there rather detracted from the basics when playing with one up front which is hold the ball and play others in. To be fair he was probably being asked to do a job for which he was ill suited. I hope we get a far better functioning forward line in the second half of the season

Taylor Morgan was decent. I like Brian Prunty as a player and person and out of anyone in recent times that could be considered for the hall of fame at some stage in the future he is the only potential candidate but Morgan has done more than Prunty this season.

He has had some excellent games and others where he has shown some quality flashes of skill. The service to him hasn't been great to him either.

It is has become fashionable to slate him on this forum by fans of other clubs who portray him as a joke figure and too many easily led Airdrie fans were far too quick to jump on the band wagon. The treatment he got at the start of his time at Airdrie with folk unwilling to give him a chance and desperate to see him fail was disgraceful.

Can't understand anybody being such a complete sheep that they let their opinions be so clearly formed by folk on Internet forums they don't even know.

To say that people are sheep for calling a truly sh*te player sh*te is ridiculous.

At his age we'd have to get some sort of compensation for him even if he was out of contract, wouldn't we?

Yeah we would get a developement fee

I was speaking to someone last night,and was told the boy can sign a pre contract and we wouldn't get a penny, as he's never been on a development contract, anyone know if this is true

Pish Alloa tried to sign jamie bain when he was out of contract last season or season before on a free n they would pay the development fee as long as they come through your youth system and are contracted or where contracted at the club

Rohans first contract was seemingly a professional contract,so he's never been classed as a development player

That doesn't matter though, if you sign a player from another club on any kind of pre agreement before they are 23 years old the club will be entitled to compensation

That doesn't matter though, if you sign a player from another club on any kind of pre agreement before they are 23 years old the club will be entitled to compensation

it's not just pre-agreements.

There's a set date before the contract runs out and as long as you've offered equivalent or better terms than their last contract even if he doesn't sign no-one else can sign him without paying you a development fee if he's under 23.

it's not just pre-agreements.

There's a set date before the contract runs out and as long as you've offered equivalent or better terms than their last contract even if he doesn't sign no-one else can sign him without paying you a development fee if he's under 23.

That's only if the player has been on a development contract

That's only if the player has been on a development contract

I've never heard of a development contract.

Maybe my use of the phrase development fee is misleading. Up-to 23 you're entitled to compensation as long as you've offered equivalent terms. If they've been with you before the age of 19 these are called development contribution years and these are also subject to fees.

I just looked it up and you have to offer him the new contract at least 2 weeks before the existing one runs out or you're entitled to nothing.

The long and the short of it is if he's under 23 you're entitled to cash as long as you offer him a new contract. Even if he doesn't want to sign the new contract he can't swan off and sign for someone else without them paying you compensation. These rules are in place to stop the bigger clubs offering youngsters a few bob more and leaving you without your talented young players for sod all. its also to prevent the bigger clubs hovering up all the talent of which some will inevitably get stifled without game time.

To say that people are sheep for calling a truly sh*te player sh*te is ridiculous.

They were calling him "shite" after 10 minutes. Utter sheep.

He was no more "shite" than anyone else in our side and turned in performances at Rovers for example that far exceeded the best performances of most of our players all season.

I feel the exact opposite. I'd probably been the most vocal of his detractors, I personally think he's one of the most awful excuses for a pro footballer but then again I dont think we get enough out of Lister either.

Through my years at Airdrie I'm too young to fully remember Jarvie and Busby but through the years we've had strikers like: Clark, Flood, McGuire, McCabe, Campbell, MacDonald,Lawrence, Harvey, Coyle, Smith, Fash, Davenport, McPhee, Cooper, Neil, Fernandez, Vareille, Gow, Prunty, Russell, and Watt. I think it's fair to say that Morgan isnt anywhere near that level and most of them were part timers.

Fitba is about opinions and differences, I think Morgan had 3 goals so far, hopefully his replacement can at least eclipse that. From what I'm hearing we're still active on that front.

Name a player in our side this season that could be named alongside any of that lot or their equivalents in other positions? There is nobody in this side who will be remembered in future years other than Prunty or Lister(on past glories) unless Chris O'Neil get his act together and starts putting in the performances he has been capable of.

Morgan wasn't good enough, however I totally agree he got over the top criticism. He was more effective than Hunter for example who received none of the same criticism/abuse. After one game people were saying he was one of the worst Airdrie players they'd ever seen and other hysterical statements like that.

Archived