The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

I'm not confident at all about staying up. We're a truly awful team. Most of the other teams are just as bad but we're so poor just now and the bottom 3 seemed to have hit a good run of form. I'm not sure where the next win will come from. The problem for me is in the midfield. There's no ability there at all. Going forward or defensively. I've said enough about Faria and Fitzpatrick already but Thompson is just as bad.

We need a clear out now and we need the season to be over now but unfortunately we still have a while to go. Next week's game is huge. Win and we SHOULD be safe. Lose and we're really in the shit. Especially if any of the bottom 3 win.

I'm totally scunnered. Not in an apathetic way, more upset about our position and what we've become. The worst part for me is some people don't even seem that bothered or seemed to have accepted it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie should recall Liam watt whether considered for team selection or not as potentially we are helping brechin catch us in the league and simply Airdrie come first plus I would recall mcaleer also as I don't think he is any worse than what we have. Thoughts ?

I'm not confident at all about staying up. We're a truly awful team. Most of the other teams are just as bad but we're so poor just now and the bottom 3 seemed to have hit a good run of form. I'm not sure where the next win will come from. The problem for me is in the midfield. There's no ability there at all. Going forward or defensively. I've said enough about Faria and Fitzpatrick already but Thompson is just as bad.

We need a clear out now and we need the season to be over now but unfortunately we still have a while to go. Next week's game is huge. Win and we SHOULD be safe. Lose and we're really in the shit. Especially if any of the bottom 3 win.

I'm totally scunnered. Not in an apathetic way, more upset about our position and what we've become. The worst part for me is some people don't even seem that bothered or seemed to have accepted it.

Faria and fitz role break up the play but neither good at going fwd. Thomson has ability and shows it in glimpses and cadden also has ability but decision making on ball could be far better and I worry he's went from quiet player to someone who thinks he's made it. Parry is inconsistent and his kicking let's him down. Crighton is sometimes suspect , Lithgow is no nonsence centre half. O'Neil is decent and McDonald is decent. Prunty and Lister go through motions prunty looks done and Lister I think injury had isnow showing and not as sharp. We are playing at home stenny what do we do go with same line up which would suit stenny or tinker with team and catch them by surprise I would go with 2nd option. I would start the young striker Thomson and Stewart and tell Stewart to bomb fwd from.midfield.

Airdrie should recall Liam watt whether considered for team selection or not as potentially we are helping brechin catch us in the league and simply Airdrie come first plus I would recall mcaleer also as I don't think he is any worse than what we have. Thoughts ?

It's a mystery to me why this hasn't been done - assuming it's allowed? (Wasn't there an incident earlier this season with Aberdeen where they couldn't recall their goalkeeper from Falkirk? Is Watt's loan under the same restrictions?)

It's a mystery to me why this hasn't been done - assuming it's allowed? (Wasn't there an incident earlier this season with Aberdeen where they couldn't recall their goalkeeper from Falkirk? Is Watt's loan under the same restrictions?)

Imagine with any loan as player contracted to the club you can recall at any time the club should act in best interests of the club and recall him whether he plays or trains with the team or not.

For what it's worth, McBookie are offering 33/1 on automatic relegation for Airdrie. Phenomenal value.

Lovely isn't it to here own fans talk like this well as a bet it isn't a good bet Dunfermline have forfar and brechin are playing beath the loser of that one will be bottom 2

For me we need a clearing of the decks already.

I'd be quite happy now to promote Stewart, McIntosh and Ferguson to the heart of the team in place of Crighton, Lithgow and Fitz.

I'd happily start next game with the following;

Parry

O'Neill, Ferguson, McIntosh, McDonald

Stewart, Faria, Thompson

Cadden, Prunty, Cox

Quite simply we can't function with the 3 stooges anywhere in the team. Faria has been trying to puch up a bit lately (similar to Smith earlier in season to accomodate Fitz). He needs to sit in middle of 3 and break up play. If Ferguson is genuinely an option for next season let us see it. McIntosh looks good enough and can pass.

The midfield needs a bit more quality in terms of passing and running and a goal threat. If Hugo sits there, let Stewart and Thompson loose.

Prunty is a finisher and nothing else. Do not ever involve him in the build up. Make chances, no punts. You have 2 overlapping full backs, 2 midfield runners and 2 inverted wingers. There are multiple ways of getting the ball in the box for Prunts to finish.

Cowie and Leighton give a midfield option from the bench, the 3 stooges can provide defensive cover, Jacob is fresh legs up top.

For me we need a clearing of the decks already.

I'd be quite happy now to promote Stewart, McIntosh and Ferguson to the heart of the team in place of Crighton, Lithgow and Fitz.

I'd happily start next game with the following;

Parry

O'Neill, Ferguson, McIntosh, McDonald

Stewart, Faria, Thompson

Cadden, Prunty, Cox

Quite simply we can't function with the 3 stooges anywhere in the team. Faria has been trying to puch up a bit lately (similar to Smith earlier in season to accomodate Fitz). He needs to sit in middle of 3 and break up play. If Ferguson is genuinely an option for next season let us see it. McIntosh looks good enough and can pass.

The midfield needs a bit more quality in terms of passing and running and a goal threat. If Hugo sits there, let Stewart and Thompson loose.

Prunty is a finisher and nothing else. Do not ever involve him in the build up. Make chances, no punts. You have 2 overlapping full backs, 2 midfield runners and 2 inverted wingers. There are multiple ways of getting the ball in the box for Prunts to finish.

Cowie and Leighton give a midfield option from the bench, the 3 stooges can provide defensive cover, Jacob is fresh legs up top.

Where's Jimmy?😒

Surely Airdrie will be considering bringing Liam Watt back. Don't want a Brechin inspired Watt pulling you closer to the bottom!

Are you other Ayr fan showing interest in Airdrie, you won't go up this year.

We've played 11 games since the chairman announced that we would be going full time next season. We've won 2 of those games, both against Cowdenbeath. He stated at the meeting a fortnight ago that he chose the live TV game, because he didn't want it to be all about Dunfermline. So what if it was? There's no excuse from the players point of view. The overall performance in that run of games has been poor to say the least, culminating in the gutless, couldn't care less display from most of the team that myself and about 40 others had the misfortune of watching yesterday. I know the players are professional, and as most of them won't be there next season, they should be putting themselves in the shop window for prospective clubs. But the fact of the matter is they're not going to bust a gut and risk picking up an injury which may hamper their chances of getting a club next season. The Liam Watt debacle is bound to have caused a bit of unrest as well.

We've played 11 games since the chairman announced that we would be going full time next season. We've won 2 of those games, both against Cowdenbeath. He stated at the meeting a fortnight ago that he chose the live TV game, because he didn't want it to be all about Dunfermline. So what if it was? There's no excuse from the players point of view. The overall performance in that run of games has been poor to say the least, culminating in the gutless, couldn't care less display from most of the team that myself and about 40 others had the misfortune of watching yesterday. I know the players are professional, and as most of them won't be there next season, they should be putting themselves in the shop window for prospective clubs. But the fact of the matter is they're not going to bust a gut and risk picking up an injury which may hamper their chances of getting a club next season. The Liam Watt debacle is bound to have caused a bit of unrest as well.

What a load of rubbish the players have far less chance of getting a club if they don't do well as for Liam watt nonsence it affects players do you think bothers fitz and faria with watt not their less chance being dropped.

The Chairman announcing f/t was not the issue. As soon as EWB took over he told the players that there would be no one over 26 at club next season. That quickly became common knowledge. None of the older players that I'm aware of are "pinking" it. The 3 stooges are playing as badly now as they previously had. Lister returned in the best form and Prunty still aches every time he's left out. McDonald and Thompson are only here till May regardless so they are likely in cotton wool mode. Parry and Cox would never give up despite frustrations. I do know that none of our youngsters have been offered anything despite rumours that others outwith club are constantly being approached.

The shocking drop in form recently is clearly linked to the decision made re. Watt. Our style, if you can call it that, of play has regressed beyond belief by having not one player capable of passing the ball. What is to blame for that? IMHO whomever is recruiting players clearly doesn't have an eye or it. Is EWB, proclaimed a genius, and King, an A or B licence coach really so clueless? The shape of the organisation clearly looks good. EWB , God willing, does look to me to be a man capable of providing the structure. King has done a good job promoting the club. And chairman has put that structure in place.

It's just the product on the park that is not up to it. Whomever is making decisions on players - Sumsky, Morgan, Faria, Broon, Ferguson, Mackin, etc., needs removed from that process.

We need to unite now. The club, as it is just now, are putting us in a better place. We're being blinded by the poor form and, though it could have played out a lot better, we're only 4 weeks to the watershed.

Dont be turning on the club, we'd only be cutting our nose off to spite our face. Things will get better.

What a load of rubbish the players have far less chance of getting a club if they don't do well as for Liam watt nonsence it affects players do you think bothers fitz and faria with watt not their less chance being dropped.
wake up, after the players were told what was happening at club regarding age limits among other things, do u not think quite a few were talking to other clubs from January onwards getting themselves sorted.

Archived