2015 summer transfer rumors thread

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoilt wee tadger, any other job you'd be sacked, I know football is different as players are a saleable asset but certainly shouldn't be getting his wages. Far too much power with the players and agents.

In any other job he'd be able to just leave his current employer if he was offered double his wages elsewhere.

These statements from RM and Man u are so bitchy

They are. The telling thing in all of this though is RM threatening earlier today to go to FIFA to appeal and MU declaring that they did nothing wrong and offering to send FIFA verified documents showing the times of paperwork being processed.

Then RM all of a sudden drop it.

They are. The telling thing in all of this though is RM threatening earlier today to go to FIFA to appeal and MU declaring that they did nothing wrong and offering to send FIFA verified documents showing the times of paperwork being processed.

Then RM all of a sudden drop it.

I'm not so sure it's as simple as that DJ. You have to question why Man Utd sent something back at midnight and not before. It's hardly within the 'spirit' of what's being tried to achieve. We all know that De Gea will end up at Real next year. So Man Utd retain one of the worlds top goalkeepers for another year which to Man Utd is probably worth more than the reputed £29m they have lost out on, especially if he helps them win the league. It also gives them another 12 months to find a world class replacement.

All in all a messy situation that should have been avoided, but I still can't help but think some underhanded tactics were going on.

I'm not so sure it's as simple as that DJ. You have to question why Man Utd sent something back at midnight and not before. It's hardly within the 'spirit' of what's being tried to achieve. We all know that De Gea will end up at Real next year. So Man Utd retain one of the worlds top goalkeepers for another year which to Man Utd is probably worth more than the reputed £29m they have lost out on, especially if he helps them win the league. It also gives them another 12 months to find a world class replacement.

All in all a messy situation that should have been avoided, but I still can't help but think some underhanded tactics were going on.

The United counter claim is that it was uploaded before the window but so close to the deadline because there were changes made by Real to the terms which jeopardised the whole deal. Whether this is true is of course hearsay but united to be fair are clearly happy to take any issue Madrid may raise with the governing bodies and meet it head on.

Either way, it's dreadfully unprofessional from two clubs in which the respective hierarchies should really know better than to get dragged into mudslinging.

Archived