Next UK Labour Leader

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader  

243 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After his 500 head dinner for labour types Anas Sarwar is making noises,fully expect him to do the dirty on Kez after May.Ive mentioned it before but Dan Hodges is the chosen blairite down south

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Hodges is a journalist who quit the Labour (again) after Corbyn won.

Little point in knifing Dugdale unless Labour finish behind the Conservatives, which I really can't see happening at all. They'd have been as well keeping Murphy and punting him after the Holyrood collapse - everyone knows it's coming and changing the leader won't stop it. It's like changing the captain of the Titanic when it became apparent the ship would sink.

Dan Hodges is a journalist who quit the Labour (again) after Corbyn won.

Little point in knifing Dugdale unless Labour finish behind the Conservatives, which I really can't see happening at all. They'd have been as well keeping Murphy and punting him after the Holyrood collapse - everyone knows it's coming and changing the leader won't stop it. It's like changing the captain of the Titanic when it became apparent the ship would sink.

Agree with this but sarwar won't be able to help himself. The long game is secondary

Seemingly contrary to mainstream opinion, I think Dan Jarvis would struggle as Labour leader. I'm not expecting him to immediately present a blueprint for victory in 2020 or beyond, but I haven't heard anything distinctive from him; I think many people promoting his potential candidacy are doing so due to his backstory, rather than anything more substantial. It is important and positive that he isn't a 'career politician', but he will need much more than that to be elected Prime Minister - or even as leader of the Labour Party. 

I wouldn't say he's objectively a stronger candidate than the three who stood against Corbyn last year. He might even be weaker than one or two of them. 

Seemingly contrary to mainstream opinion, I think Dan Jarvis would struggle as Labour leader. I'm not expecting him to immediately present a blueprint for victory in 2020 or beyond, but I haven't heard anything distinctive from him; I think many people promoting his potential candidacy are doing so due to his backstory, rather than anything more substantial. It is important and positive that he isn't a 'career politician', but he will need much more than that to be elected Prime Minister - or even as leader of the Labour Party.

I wouldn't say he's objectively a stronger candidate than the three who stood against Corbyn last year. He might even be weaker than one or two of them.

It'll not matter a jot. Labour are completely fucked as an organisation.

You meany Tony Blair.

No, I mean Ed Miliband. 

I wouldn't describe myself as a particularly ardent Blairite, but Blair won a clear majority in every general election that he contested. He did make mistakes, but he led Labour's transformation from perennial losers to a natural party of government. 

Miliband then proceeded to completely trash Labour's record in government, pursue a policy agenda that completely and utterly failed to resonate with the electorate and, eventually, dragged Labour to a horrendous, appalling defeat last year. 

Miliband was an unmitigated disaster. 

No, I mean Ed Miliband.

I wouldn't describe myself as a particularly ardent Blairite, but Blair won a clear majority in every general election that he contested. He did make mistakes, but he led Labour's transformation from perennial losers to a natural party of government.

Miliband then proceeded to completely trash Labour's record in government, pursue a policy agenda that completely and utterly failed to resonate with the electorate and, eventually, dragged Labour to a horrendous, appalling defeat last year.

You forgot "hilarious".

No, I mean Ed Miliband. 

Labour deserves everything it gets because of people like you.

Success is not winning elections; success is what you do in government having won an election.

No, I mean Ed Miliband. 

Blair killed the Labour party, its dead now, thats his legacy.  Losing one election didn't do it, losing three million voters under Blair and abandoning the principles that made them Labour in the first place is what killed Labour.  And I for one am delighted, never has a party deserved to die as much as Labour.

Labour deserves everything it gets because of people like you.

Success is not winning elections; success is what you do in government having won an election.

You can't achieve the latter success without first doing the former. 

Archived