Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

Is that Andy Smith's son?

Yes

He was more than decent against us in the two cup matches last season, not to mention the game he played last pre season (think we made him an offer then aswell) so a decent signing, particularly given the market we are shopping in.

Astonished and astounded that Smith has managed to sign for a L1 club.

Wouldn't put too much faith in the judgement of Arbroath fans given you lot seemed to be on the verge of street parties over the signing of Colin Hamilton.

Believe Yantorno was training with Alloa last night and impressed alongside Herve Ebanda in a bounce game.

Correct Waspie any opinion of players is completely disregarded anyway by Arbroath fans they are a strange and delusional bunch. They were creaming it over Grehan and Coult last season let's not forget.

Smith was a baby at Arbroath and has obviously developed since then. I seen enough last season against a league one side (snigger) to know he can be an asset.

Ebanda is on our radar as well why do Alloa keep stealing the best players?

Dougie Hill is the centre back as well.

It's slowly coming together.

Will be a good signing for Stenhousemuir in my opinion. Dougie kind of splits the opinion of the Alloa support probably because he has had 3 spells at the club now and probably never showed his true form on a consistent basis for one reason or another.

Last season in the Championship considering there was plenty of big games against Rangers, Hibs, Falkirk and the like i thought his game stood up well which probably influenced his decision to reject the offer of a new contract for this season, with JR being quoted in the local paper as Hill still having aspirations of continuing his career in the Championship for the upcoming season.

If he is signing for Stennie it looks like nothing has materialised for him in the Championship, so whether a move has fallen through  coupled with us moving on by signing Taggart,Waters, Andy Graham and Marr re-signing, it has not really panned out as he hoped i guess but will still be a 7 out of 10 each week for you guys.

Kerr played with Motherwell and Cowden last season I think. Can't remember him standing out much.

The other two must be jobbers from the academy I'd imagine.

Yeah, the other two are from the FVFA. Club website says that Kerr played 60+ first team games for Motherwell so he must be okay.

Correct Waspie any opinion of players is completely disregarded anyway by Arbroath fans they are a strange and delusional bunch. They were creaming it over Grehan and Coult last season let's not forget.

Smith was a baby at Arbroath and has obviously developed since then. I seen enough last season against a league one side (snigger) to know he can be an asset.

Ebanda is on our radar as well why do Alloa keep stealing the best players?

Don't say I didn't warn you then.

He got an awful lot of game time for us. Lightweight and completely useless.

A 20/21 year old baby aye? :rolleyes:

Kerr is a superb signing for Stenny. Improved our defence immensely when he signed which saw us push towards the play offs. He got injured and missed the rest of the season. Would liked him to have signed on!

Jack Smith is in the squad page but not in the list updated in the latest news section.

It says we are hoping to sign a forward in the coming days hopefully that's in addition to Smith but maybe just confirmation he's signed?

East Kilbride's Jack Smith has confirmed he's signed for the club on his Twitter page.

Liked the look of him when we played EK in the cup last season. Another striker and we're sorted - is there any way back for Big Match John?

Jack Smith is not included in our Player update page which was updated yesterday. Presumably he is the forward they are hoping to sign.  However if you look at our Squad Profiles page there is no Andy Smith mentioned but Jack Smith is there.

I presume the talk about Dougie Hill was wrong as he is not mentioned.

Our squad of 19 contains at least 6 who are 20 or under and this may put a lot of pressure on them if we have a run of injuries or suspensions. Hopefully there will be a couple of diamonds amongst the youngsters.  Also look like Carlos had left.

Jack Smith is not included in our Player update page which was updated yesterday. Presumably he is the forward they are hoping to sign. However if you look at our Squad Profiles page there is no Andy Smith mentioned but Jack Smith is there.

I presume the talk about Dougie Hill was wrong as he is not mentioned.

Our squad of 19 contains at least 6 who are 20 or under and this may put a lot of pressure on them if we have a run of injuries or suspensions. Hopefully there will be a couple of diamonds amongst the youngsters. Also look like Carlos had left.

Andy Smith never played for us. Alan Smith did though.

It's actually Allan Smith. If you're going to be a pedant at least do it correctly.

Andy Smith is Jack's dad which is maybe what Moonglum was also thinking about.

Was just a quick reply. Knew you would pick up on it. 

There was an updated profile for Allan Smith before all of the new players were added.