Stenhousemuir FC - The League 2 Champions - The 2024/25 Thread

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I imagine Sean will be using the club's facilities for the meantime while he finds himself a team. I'm don't know if he's good enough to play in League 1 these days. Still, would be welcome to having him back at the club, smashing boy.

Sean has played well in the recent friendlies. Playing left mid, left back and centre midfield. If he does sign, he can provide cover for numerous positions.

Jesus Garcia Tena certainly has pedigree, but he wasn't too hot at Edinburgh City last season. Still, looking forward to seeing him in action.

Sean Dickson has also returned to the club - brilliant to see him back at Stenny. Should never have been allowed to leave.

Couldn’t make the game today but neither signing has me really excited. Sean was quite good first time round but really looking for a striker. Jesus Garcia Tena was possibly the player we are looking for at the back - time will tell. Looked like one up front today, I see the rationale of packing the midfield against thistle but we are going to need more than Mark McGuigan up front for the season ahead.

There is still room in the budget left to bring in a couple of players and a striker is the priority. There's talk of Andy Dallas returning on loan from Rangers.

As for Jesus Garcia Tena, it's fair to say he wasn't at his best today. He was probably culpable for Partick Thistle's second goal (although it was a gorgeous finish from Shea Gordon) and there was a moment in the second half where he played a backpass straight to a Thistle player, despite looking over his shoulder and seeing the danger.

Still, early days.

Good work out for us yesterday and was pleasing to see us not cave after that disaster of a start. Really positive performances from Donaldson, Neill and Goals in particular and a decent game from Dickson off the bench.

Goals looks so sharp but needs a hand up there so hopefully we can get a couple of strikers sorted in the next few weeks.

As you guys know Sean Dickson has talent but he blew phenomenally hot and cold for us. Indeed last season he was cold all season long. However on his game he can be excellent and he scored quite a lot of absolute belters for us a couple of seasons back. He has two great feet and his corner kicks are often whipped in with terrific bend. But I’m afraid he really barely kicked a ball last season. I’m not convinced he’ll cut it a league above but hopefully I’m wrong. 

Guest Alessandro
9 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

As you guys know Sean Dickson has talent but he blew phenomenally hot and cold for us. Indeed last season he was cold all season long. However on his game he can be excellent and he scored quite a lot of absolute belters for us a couple of seasons back. He has two great feet and his corner kicks are often whipped in with terrific bend. But I’m afraid he really barely kicked a ball last season. I’m not convinced he’ll cut it a league above but hopefully I’m wrong. 

He had two injuries in the space of 6 weeks

Hardly surprising he hardly kicked a ball