Dundee United 2015/16 Season

I've been pretty idle on P&B across the summer(Rangers going bust apart, the years have told me it's fucking shit), so I'm not clued up on our resident Dees these days. Biggie still about, but what of Barry, Big Gus, Slavery Tay, Dee Man, The Master, Ludo, Spud? I'm taking Spud in the sweepy.

Handad ma season tick back two protest. Ok tho coz wife got 1 two so a will yous that 1 in sted lol

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nae bather mate. I was implying that you might have made a salient point, so well deserved red dot, to be fair!

I green dotted 2 of your usual beige shitey posts out of guilt but I'm starting to regret that tbh....

:P

McNamara in the press again today talking about how excited he is by how Bodul and Sneijder are performing.

You could tell straight away that Bodul will be a good player from the Watford game. There's talk of Sneijder being a left sided midfielder - I think we will see him in beside Souttar, in place of Rankin over the coming weeks.

Any word on jackie sending some youngsters out on loan?Cant say ive heard of anyone so far...

Nobody yet, surprised we haven't seen either some youngsters out on loan or released. Suppose it might be a couple of weeks until some younger players will be out on loan, depending on how the first team get on.

McNamara in the press again today talking about how excited he is by how Bodul and Sneijder are performing.

You could tell straight away that Bodul will be a good player from the Watford game. There's talk of Sneijder being a left sided midfielder - I think we will see him in beside Souttar, in place of Rankin over the coming weeks.

Sneijder will play 5 games and then fade off into obscurity. The oracle has spoken.

OK chaps, looks like there will be no other incomings so it's cocks on the table time - where are we finishing in the league?

Positives are that Donaldson and Darko look useful, Sneijder is being bigged up by Jackie, guys like Telfer, Fraser and especially Spittal looked handy in pre-season, and Souttar looks like he's really kicking on in the DM role. Negatives are the Zwick unknown, Durnan's looks a bit dodgy imo, Dixon and McGowan have still to show why they were brought in, and we've no idea how well Bilate, Muirhead and co are going to get on up front.

on the back of one of Darko/Rodney being a proper find, the backline finding some semblence of organisation, and the rest of the league looking like they haven't particularly upgraded either, I'm upgrading my ~8th prediction from about a month ago to a high/low of 4th/8th and a final prediction of...

5th

I did think 6th until we made a couple of recent signings. If they work out and McNamara can finally learn from his mistakes then we can finish in at least 4th. It really is a case of a guessing game (same for everyone apart from Celtic and Aberdeen)

5th. Slightly more optimistic than my prediction a few weeks ago of 6th/7th.

I'm reasonably happy with the signings, being a mix of highly-rated young players and interesting, somewhat unproven players with experience at a good level. This has countered the post-Nads doom and gloom a bit but not enough to be optimistic of making progress from last season. It's certainly more interesting for the fans than bringing in a few journeymen from Oldham and Northampton.

Archived