Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We missed someone creative who drives forward with the ball (Allan and Armstrong), also Spittal and Erskine did okay but need someone pacey down the line

A genuine winger with pace and a creative central midfielder with a bit of vision would have helped immensely in the second half yesterday. I am very jealous of Aberdeen having Hayes, he is exactly the type of player we would benefit from having.

A genuine winger with pace and a creative central midfielder with a bit of vision would have helped immensely in the second half yesterday. I am very jealous of Aberdeen having Hayes, he is exactly the type of player we would benefit from having.

with the size of our squad, looks like we're bringing in f**k all

He supports Arbroath, he goes and watches other football games is that a crime?

I've never been to a Celtic game. Apart from when we played you. And once at an old firm game when I was younger. Where I was in the rangers end :lol:

But aye I go to United games (and occasionally Dundee games) with boys from work. Have done so for years. Just been down to dens to get tickets for the lads in work and my boss is giving me a shot of one of his season tickets for next Tuesday too. Sorted :D

I thought Hayes was excellent for them yesterday - his pace helped them out defensively a couple of times in the first half when I thought we were in. One in particular when he took it off Bilate's toes relatively early on?

And that's what changed the game.

20 minutes of kicking the ball up the park to no strikers allowed Aberdeen to take full control in their own half and just sent us further and further back into ours.

People will say that Aberdeen upped a gear and showed their quality, but I think the truth is that United scunnered themselves tactically.

Spot on.

Bilate's control was sometimes more ankle than instep, but at least he could compete and get United up the park.

That's probably one of bilates better performances (I know).

Linked up well with Erskine but things didn't come off for either of them.

God only knows where our goals will come from though. Bilate is an out and out 10. He needs service in the box not controlling long balls 30 yards from goal.

I thought Hayes was excellent for them yesterday - his pace helped them out defensively a couple of times in the first half when I thought we were in. One in particular when he took it off Bilate's toes relatively early on?

His defensive work is brilliant, something our wide men could learn from.

The vast majority of keepers don't come off their line. United fans have been screaming at keepers for years to do it. Those that do, such as Rado will make mistakes, and get slaughtered for it!

The goalkeeping coach must be telling them to do it. Can't think of any other reason why Rado and now Zwick would be coming out trying to claim everything when they clearly aren't/weren't comfortable doing so.

In other news, Scot Fraser has extended his contract until 2018:

http://dufc.co/news/united-extend-fraser-contract/

It's good to see, I'm looking forward to seeing him get his chance in the first team this season after all the praise he got following his loan move to Airdrie last season

Watched him a couple of times when he was out on loan last year, looks a very decent prospect. Wonder how much game time he will get over the season but his chances must be pretty decent after a couple of under performers in the middle of the park yesterday.

Good player Fraser - I couldn't understand how Smith appeared to be ahead of him last year.

I'm sure he'll work his way into the team over the course of the year. Be interesting to see where Jackie plays him though. I'd have him competing with Souttar/Sneijder/Rankin.

Archived