Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In tonight's Tele Tom Duthie gives Souttar an 8/10 AND Man of the Match for the game yesterday. "The teenager turned in another excellent display in his new midfield role".

This probably deserves to go in the 'Terrible Journalism' thread...

In tonight's Tele Tom Duthie gives Souttar an 8/10 AND Man of the Match for the game yesterday. "The teenager turned in another excellent display in his new midfield role".

:D

Tam was fuming he let Liam Kennedy take the Rugby Park gig. Understandable.

Duthie never has a bad word to say about United. Personally think he tries far too hard to be impartial (as he's a supposed Dundee fan) and ends up leaning the other way. He has completely avoided discussing that a lot of United fans are seriously unhappy with Jackie Mac for months now.

His report of the Aberdeen game was laughable. Somehow he's managed to come to the conclusion Bodul and Sneidjer will be good players for United on the basis of yesterday's game. They had about 2 touches between them.

Duthie never has a bad word to say about United. Personally think he tries far too hard to be impartial (as he's a supposed Dundee fan) and ends up leaning the other way. He has completely avoided discussing that a lot of United fans are seriously unhappy with Jackie Mac for months now.

His report of the Aberdeen game was laughable. Somehow he's managed to come to the conclusion Bodul and Sneidjer will be good players for United on the basis of yesterday's game. They had about 2 touches between them.

Yeah apparently Sneijder will definitely add something to the team. Based on the two touches he had yesterday I am not sure how anyone can get that impression, unless of course, he is just making it up.

"Since the cup win vs Stranraer on Feb 8th, our results have been: PLAYED 24 WON 3 DREW 3 LOST 18 GOALS FOR 15 GOALS AGAINST 48"

lol wot. gtfo, man

That reads as horrific as I remember it. Think 5 of our goals were pens too :lol:

Positive hat on - things can only get better.

The useless c**t has to go if we want to finish higher than sixth. We need to pray there are a lot of horrific teams kicking about.

How they haven't figured out we need pace somewhere in the attacking three spaces I do not know. Might sneak a 0-0 against Motherwell and lose the Derby. Still be in charge though, obviously. I reckon he's unsackable, tbh

The useless c**t has to go if we want to finish higher than sixth. We need to pray there are a lot of horrific teams kicking about.

How they haven't figured out we need pace somewhere in the attacking three spaces I do not know. Might sneak a 0-0 against Motherwell and lose the Derby. Still be in charge though, obviously. I reckon he's unsackable, tbh

WTF? United were much better than many thought we were gonna be. Many positives to take from the game, Bilate looked good and with either Him and Muirhead or Bilate & Murray as the front 2 I think we will be able to score a fair amount of goals this season. I think we will be comfortably in the top six.

I'm still in the camp of giving McNamara a wee bit more time. My limit is Christmas. If our performances are decent and we are challenging towards the top six and in the upper half of the league then I would be happy to keep him for the time being.

I'm still in the camp of giving McNamara a wee bit more time. My limit is Christmas. If our performances are decent and we are challenging towards the top six and in the upper half of the league then I would be happy to keep him for the time being.

Exactly.

Nothing I saw over the weekend suggested the best we can hope for against Motherwell is to "sneak a 0-0".

As for the derby, I don't think there is much between us at the moment, but I still feel we can win. As impressive as the dees were at the weekend, they were up against an utterly pish Kilmarnock team.

Exactly.

Nothing I saw over the weekend suggested the best we can hope for against Motherwell is to "sneak a 0-0".

As for the derby, I don't think there is much between us at the moment, but I still feel we can win. As impressive as the dees were at the weekend, they were up against an utterly pish Kilmarnock team.

If we lose the derby it will be really tough for McNamara. There will be a sizeable proportion of our fan base who will completely lose it if we were to be beaten at Tannadice.

It is fine margins though, if we had managed to get a draw out of the game yesterday people would be talking about a decent result to start the season. We lose a bizarre goal with little time remaining and it changes people's views on the match.

I'm no great fan of McNamara, and never have been, but talk of sacking him after one game of the season is plain childish stupidity.

One game incidentally that we lost from a late flukey goal - can someone name me any other great chances Aberdeen had?

We played a hell of a lot worse for large parts of last season - I'm happy enough to see if he can get the team, that he has signed to perform. Frankly, unless somebody can clone Jim McLean or tear Levein away from Hearts, I can't be arsed gambling on another manager, who in all probability will be worse than what we've already got.

Aberdeen are going to easily finish best of the rest - the reaction to yesterday's result from many is so loony it's funny.

I'm no great fan of McNamara, and never have been, but talk of sacking him after one game of the season is plain childish stupidity.

One game incidentally that we lost from a late flukey goal - can someone name me any other great chances Aberdeen had?

We played a hell of a lot worse for large parts of last season - I'm happy enough to see if he can get the team, that he has signed to perform. Frankly, unless somebody can clone Jim McLean or tear Levein away from Hearts, I can't be arsed gambling on another manager, who in all probability will be worse than what we've already got.

Aberdeen are going to easily finish best of the rest - the reaction to yesterday's result from many is so loony it's funny.

Sums it up for me. I'm fairly relaxed about it all, despite my reservations about McNamara's ability I still feel fairly positive about the season ahead......at the moment.

He should have been sacked last season. The 3-0 over Dundee seems to have helped him for some strange reason.

What positives were there from yesterday, by the way? That we looked unfit compared to that Aberdeen lot? That we kept playing one, two in defence before lumping it up the park? That there is absolutely no pace in the team? That John fucking Rankin is first choice? That we have a Radoslaw Cierzniak .2 in goal where he's utterly clueless at any cross? That we conceded from another cross?

Suppose losing only 0-1 is a silver lining.

edit: Christmas is far too long, btw. You want to be bottom six and out all cups by the time he's sacked? Naw thanks.

He should have been sacked last season. The 3-0 over Dundee seems to have helped him for some strange reason.

What positives were there from yesterday, by the way? That we looked unfit compared to that Aberdeen lot? That we kept playing one, two in defence before lumping it up the park? That there is absolutely no pace in the team? That John fucking Rankin is first choice? That we have a Radoslaw Cierzniak .2 in goal where he's utterly clueless at any cross? That we conceded from another cross?

Suppose losing only 0-1 is a silver lining.

edit: Christmas is far too long, btw. You want to be bottom six and out all cups by the time he's sacked? Naw thanks.

We don't enter the Scottish Cup until January...

Personally I think we should give him a chance to prove that this new squad he has assembled can compete, I get the impression your mind is made up though! If he can't get this team achieving results that then fair enough, he is gone, but to be talking about sacking him after 90 minutes of the new season is hysterical (I know that you base your opinion on what went before that).

Archived