Dundee United 2015/16 Season

We don't enter the Scottish Cup until January...

Personally I think we should give him a chance to prove that this new squad he has assembled can compete, I get the impression your mind is made up though! If he can't get this team achieving results that then fair enough, he is gone, but to be talking about sacking him after 90 minutes of the new season is hysterical (I know that you base your opinion on what went before that).

Has it changed again? Last two seasons we've started in November.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you not rather have gone into this season with a bit of optimism or positive uncertainty? From what I've seen most Arabs expected a loss yesterday and usual McNamara poor tactics nonsense. He's been dreadful for a long time, you need a change.

Yessir

Has it changed again? Last two seasons we've started in November.

I looked at the SFA website and it says January for the 4th round. At least it guarantees cup football past Christmas even if we are doing terribly!

I can see Utd struggling this Season, I like them and think they have some good players but I think they look like a team totally devoid of confidence and with the amount of young players in the team I feel that could be a bit of a problem, the problem is the experienced players Utd have don't look to be of any great quality, I quite like Rankin but him apart I don't feel there is that experience required to lift the youngsters.

Like most I'm intrigued to see Rodney Sneijder and how he does with the Arabs, the name doesn't guarantee quality but looking at the clubs he has been at and the ones that have shown an interest in him tell us that he must have something pretty special about him, if he can bring that to the table then Tannadice could be a perfect setting for him but I just have this nagging feeling that Utd will be one of the "bigger" clubs fighting the Play-Off's this Season

Out of interest, who showed an interest in Rodney (bar clubs Wesley was already at)?

I've seen it written a few times where Madrid and Galatasaraay (?) have offered to sign him up. It's just a tad strange that there's absolutely no team in the middle ground between Turkish Champions and Scottish 4th (?) being interested whatsoever.

Out of interest, who showed an interest in Rodney (bar clubs Wesley was already at)?

I've seen it written a few times where Madrid and Galatasaraay (?) have offered to sign him up. It's just a tad strange that there's absolutely no team in the middle ground between Turkish Champions and Scottish 4th (?) being interested whatsoever.

The Galatasaray stuff must have been for the paper headlines :lol: no chance surely.

Madrid were after him but it was years ago when he was a young lad.

Scottish 4th? If I'm interpreting you correctly then you will be upset to realise you have credited your neighbours with 4th when they were 5th. Shame on you. Not a true Dee. The (?) suggests you weren't sure. If I hated my rivals I'd know where they finished.

If I'm wrong, he's not up to much anyhow, so either way I'm fine :)

Scottish 4th? If I'm interpreting you correctly then you will be upset to realise you have credited your neighbours with 4th when they were 5th. Shame on you. Not a true Dee. The (?) suggests you weren't sure. If I hated my rivals I'd know where they finished.

If I'm wrong, he's not up to much anyhow, so either way I'm fine :)

Proof that Dundee fans dont care about St.Johnstone IMO.

We have been waiting for this for years. Well done Deeboy

Sneijder had the usual paper talk of there being "offers from elsewhere" but how true that is I'm not sure. My only worry about him is if he thinks he is some kind of star because we have made such a big deal about his transfer (and with his famous brother). His career so far has been pretty underwhelming.

Sneijder had the usual paper talk of there being "offers from elsewhere" but how true that is I'm not sure. My only worry about him is if he thinks he is some kind of star because we have made such a big deal about his transfer (and with his famous brother). His career so far has been pretty underwhelming.

Guys like him come to United to get thier careers back on track. If he' doesn't understand that then he's kidding himself as much as everyone else.

The lure must be the fact we do sell players onto bigger clubs. Put in a shift at United for 2 years, and you'll get a good move cos the club have developed a reputation for getting careers up and running/ restarted. Now whether you believe any of that is a different story but that's what I'd be saying !

Watched the game on Sunday and I actually thought that although he doesn't look ready, Zwick looks like a great prospect. A young 'keeper having the sort of confidence to go for some of the balls he went for is pretty rare and he does seem to have the arrogance (and the height) that will make a great goalie over time.

The problem is though that he'll definitely be making mistakes going to this level and there is a high possibility that he'll be dropped at some point this season. 'Keepers are generally poorly managed by managers who equate them with outfielders and don't really appreciate their needs when developing. Get him on loan to a lower league side and don't let him become a scapegoat would be my suggestion.

If it helps i thought yinited were ok on Sunday. Lacking in quality and a bit pedestrian at times but quite well organised and not the clown car shambles i was expecting / hoping for. Top6 no problem. But reckon the biggest challenge / aim is to finish above Dundee, which will be difficult (as you will never hear the end of it).

Dundee United were hospitable hosts as usual, and Aberdeen bought out their full allocation of tickets. Can I assume that our good Arab friends will of course do likewise on the return fixture on 7th November?

Something I find odd about Rodney is that he seems to be viewed by the management (and fans) as competing for a place with Ranks/Pates/Souttar while he himself says he's a left sided attacking midfielder. It was a bit worrying seeing him brought on to replace our only allegedly 'combative' midfielder when our midfield was completely anonymous.

Something I find odd about Rodney is that he seems to be viewed by the management (and fans) as competing for a place with Ranks/Pates/Souttar while he himself says he's a left sided attacking midfielder. It was a bit worrying seeing him brought on to replace our only allegedly 'combative' midfielder when our midfield was completely anonymous.

He has always played central. Very clear from watching him that he is not a wide man.

The oracle of Football Manager has him down as a natural left sided midfielder (not a winger), but he can also play through the middle.

Both he and Bodul (as well as the thee signings this summer) have mentioned that United are a club that can put you in the shop window. I'm okay with that, as kind as the players are good enough and we eventually continue to make money out of it.

He has always played central. Very clear from watching him that he is not a wide man.

This is why it's strange that he describes himself in this way. I can't remember if it was on Arabzone or something he was quoted as saying in an article, but he said something along the lines of being a midfielder who prefers to play on the left and score goals. I had him down as more of an Erskine than a Ranks (high praise indeed I know).

This is why it's strange that he describes himself in this way. I can't remember if it was on Arabzone or something he was quoted as saying in an article, but he said something along the lines of being a midfielder who prefers to play on the left and score goals. I had him down as more of an Erskine than a Ranks (high praise indeed I know).

It was his ArabZone interview, in his broken English he also said "I have good shot, I have good freekick".

Hearing Patons out for up to 4 months. Im sure his injury will whip certain posters on here up into a wanking frenzy

Paton would have been more effective than Souttar on Sunday, despite his limitations he would have contributed more. Mind you, the seagulls had more of an influence than Souttar.

Archived