Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is really interested, the real reason that Rodney is back in Holland is that he is homesick.

Yes, im not fucking joking

Homesick? He's had longer holidays ffs :lol:

Cûnt needs to knuckle down and get on with his fucking job imo.

Hope he gets better soon.

If anyone is really interested, the real reason that Rodney is back in Holland is that he is homesick.

Yes, im not fucking joking

Did Sneijder go to Ibiza with his mates while mulling over our contract offer? Now he's homesick after a fortnight. This has got Walter Rojas mother-of-all-f**k-ups potential.

Was just having a look at the Dutch players to have played for us there on the Arab Archive. Apart from Freddy, Guido and Sieb, there are some horrors on the list. Armand Benneker and Gijs Steinmann anyone? And Timothy van der Meulen. Genuinely forgot he existed. Didn't realise Justin Johnson was Dutch either.

Did Sneijder go to Ibiza with his mates while mulling over our contract offer? Now he's homesick after a fortnight. This has got Walter Rojas mother-of-all-f**k-ups potential.

Was just having a look at the Dutch players to have played for us there on the Arab Archive. Apart from Freddy, Guido and Sieb, there are some horrors on the list. Armand Benneker and Gijs Steinmann anyone? And Timothy van der Meulen. Genuinely forgot he existed. Didn't realise Justin Johnson was Dutch either.

Yeah he fucked off on his hollibobs. He was waiting on a contract offer from Galatasaray which was clearly through his brother but they custard pied him so he signed the other deal on the table at thd time

Yeah he fucked off on his hollibobs. He was waiting on a contract offer from Galatasaray which was clearly through his brother but they custard pied him so he signed the other deal on the table at thd time

Fucking "hollibobs".

Does anyone know for sure what is going on or is it a case of taking tiny snippets of things like "he was on holiday" and then adding it all together to come up with a narrative that suits them?

Think it's common knowledge he was in Ibiza on holiday. DABs had him on Instagram/Twitter.

Dutch players are notoriously mentally fragile and temperamental but he's ripping the pish.

Any chance he's turned up, seen the standard and realised he's not good enough?

ETA - that's just speculation based on experience. I exploited nepotism to get a job well above what I was ready for at the age of 18 - spent the worst 3 months of my life kidding on I knew what I was doing whilst spiralling into a dark place - fear of letting people down etc until I eventually jacked it. I was in the car on the way in and genuinely hoping we had an accident - jacked it that day before I had a mental breakdown.

Another terrific revelation on the back of me telling everyone about Patons injury is that is was indeed an original mis-diagnosis causing him to need an operation.

Top stuff from our medical team

Does anyone know for sure what is going on or is it a case of taking tiny snippets of things like "he was on holiday" and then adding it all together to come up with a narrative that suits them?

Never?!!

Football fans would never do such a thing.

Another terrific revelation on the back of me telling everyone about Patons injury is that is was indeed an original mis-diagnosis causing him to need an operation.

Top stuff from our medical team

I'm going to buy them a pint - absolute heroes

Crazy stat on Sportscene showing that our starting XI didn't have a single player in it that started the corresponding fixture last season.

Right now, if I was ST, I'd take a gamble and give 5 year contracts to McGowan, Durnan and Donaldson. A solid settled defence is a key asset for all teams. Just look at how it has benefitted pish like the farmers up the road.

Crazy stat on Sportscene showing that our starting XI didn't have a single player in it that started the corresponding fixture last season.

Right now, if I was ST, I'd take a gamble and give 5 year contracts to McGowan, Durnan and Donaldson. A solid settled defence is a key asset for all teams. Just look at how it has benefitted pish like the farmers up the road.

That is a big gamble though. Players can stagnate and then we'll all be going, "ffs Thomson, why the f**k have you given them such a long deal, now we can't get rid of the fuckers". Pretty much as we do about Anier now.

That is a big gamble though. Players can stagnate and then we'll all be going, "ffs Thomson, why the f**k have you given them such a long deal, now we can't get rid of the fuckers". Pretty much as we do about Anier now.

I'd say a fair gamble rather than a big one. Firstly, nobody, but nobody has ever suggested sticking Anier on a long term deal.

Durnan and Donaldson both clearly have the talent, and will more likely progress than stagnate imho.

For me McGowan is a no-brainer, the guy is 25, and we know what he's about - he'll give 100% every game, and is exactly the character we are woefully short of. There may be more talented full backs out there, but he's first pick in the team for me.

The idea behind a longer term deal is fair enough, especially given our ability to develop and sell - longer term contracts for these guys would probably mean a transfer fee if they are good enough, but 5 years is unlikely, and to base it on a couple of games is pretty daft.

Admittedly, Durnan and Donaldson have already had two more good games than Anier.

As much as the defence have looked solid after two games, were we not in a similar position last season with the early form of our backline? Fojut in particular was outstanding early doors. Give it time before thinking about offering longer deals.

Archived