Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as the defence have looked solid after two games, were we not in a similar position last season with the early form of our backline? Fojut in particular was outstanding early doors. Give it time before thinking about offering longer deals.

I don't ever remember suggesting Morris or Fojut should be handed 5 year deals. Neither is it the thinking of one clean sheet, but multiple games over pre-season and now. Obviously, the club doesn't need to rush into it, but it should be a thought process. I have little doubt in my head, that these two have the capabilities to be at the heart of our defence in the long term, and I very rarely think a player is better, or has more potential than they actually do.

Jamie McCunnie let me down big time :(

I'm not getting overexcited either mind, I'm not expecting million pound bids to come in for either of these guys. I think this is the type of player we need to, and actually are capable of keeping hold of.

By the by, I don't actually expect many of you to agree - just putting it out there.

As much as the defence have looked solid after two games, were we not in a similar position last season with the early form of our backline? Fojut in particular was outstanding early doors. Give it time before thinking about offering longer deals.

Yep, we had two clean sheets in our first two games of last season, looked really formidable at the back and then got murdered 6-1 from Celtic in the third match. Lets hope a similar thing doesn't happen this year.

I don't ever remember suggesting Morris or Fojut should be handed 5 year deals. Neither is it the thinking of one clean sheet, but multiple games over pre-season and now. Obviously, the club doesn't need to rush into it, but it should be a thought process. I have little doubt in my head, that these two have the capabilities to be at the heart of our defence in the long term, and I very rarely think a player is better, or has more potential than they actually do.

Jamie McCunnie let me down big time :(

I'm not getting overexcited either mind, I'm not expecting million pound bids to come in for either of these guys. I think this is the type of player we need to, and actually are capable of keeping hold of.

By the by, I don't actually expect many of you to agree - just putting it out there.

I didn't suggest that you suggested we give Morris or Fojut five year deals, I was just pointing out the positive performances they put in during the early part of last season before declining badly in the later stages of the year (Morris was injured a fair bit too). I'm all for signing players in long term deals, I just think we need to give this new look side a bit of time to truly get a picture of how good, bad or indifferent they all are.

I think the fact about the differences in teams between Saturday and last year shows that McNamara, for all his faults, has has to do a huge rebuilding job in the last year or so. It can't be an easy job for any manager.

I didn't suggest that you suggested we give Morris or Fojut five year deals, I was just pointing out the positive performances they put in during the early part of last season before declining badly in the later stages of the year (Morris was injured a fair bit too). I'm all for signing players in long term deals, I just think we need to give this new look side a bit of time to truly get a picture of how good, bad or indifferent they all are.

I think the fact about the differences in teams between Saturday and last year shows that McNamara, for all his faults, has has to do a huge rebuilding job in the last year or so. It can't be an easy job for any manager.

The rebuilding job is ridiculous, which is in part one of the reasons behind building a base to work from.

Anyway, changing tack slightly, I never rated Morris as many United fans did, and perhaps still do - he is a solid one on one defender, but his general all round game is lacking. Fojut, I liked more, but that's because his ability to win every single header ever was just glorious - again though his deficiencies were all too obvious.

But if not 5 year deals for McGowan, Durnan and Donaldson, who would be worth the risk? I guess most would say Souttar. The only other player I would offer one to (right now) is Coote, though I don't think that is possible till he is 18.

JMc having his word on Sneijder and John Collins on the BBC website. Saying that he hopes Rodney will be back as soon as possible and that he is having more tests at home, where he went to stay with his dad. As for Cunto Collins it has been pointed out to him by Jackie that despite all of the criticisms of Celtic's rivals being a bit shit they did sign three players from one of their counterparts and in the case of GMS and Armstrong they have walked into the Celtic team since signing.

JMc having his word on Sneijder and John Collins on the BBC website. Saying that he hopes Rodney will be back as soon as possible and that he is having more tests at home, where he went to stay with his dad. As for Cunto Collins it has been pointed out to him by Jackie that despite all of the criticisms of Celtic's rivals being a bit shit they did sign three players from one of their counterparts and in the case of GMS and Armstrong they have walked into the Celtic team since signing.

And Ciftci in Europe also?

And Ciftci in Europe also?

Yeah that too, I was missing him out just because his start at Celtic is an unusual one given his ban. Wonder if he will be first choice once he is free to play in the league? It looks likely despite him not doing to well for them in Europe.

Anyway, no more mentions of the three judases (I had to Google "what is the plural of judas?")

According to Fraser on Arabzone he ran farther than any other player on Saturday (they analysed those GPA things). We need that energy in midfield but I would actually be okay with Rankin coming back in but maybe Fraser playing instead of Telfer.

I wouldn't mind Rankin playing tonight, we need someone with a bit more experience in there to wind McGowan up if he is playing.

Rankins only impact on Gowser in the derbies last season was chopping him down for the penalty at tannadice.

I welcome him to you starting xi.

Archived