Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can thank me for your collapse at the end, I had you on my coupon for a win. Unlucky. ;)

I'm gonna get you banned from every bookie in Dundee san.

Stevie Campbell is indeed mental (anyone who has been to any development game will testify to this). Not sure if any of us mere mortals will get to know the ins and outs of the story but hopefully it isn't too bad.

Sounds like standard Jim McLean method of discipline!

Old school. Just rumours though, could be shite.

The team is looking not bad. Looks like a settled back four, and McGowan has been a terrific signing - extended deal would be nice. Will be interesting when Morris comes back. He'll struggle to displace Durnan or Donaldson on the evidence so far. Impressed with both of them, though a few hairy moments in the first half when we were playing a high line. Got decent competition in midfield. Spittal and Erskine have to be first choice for the attacking midfield spots.

Bodul appears to offer us something playing behind the front man, but would still prefer us to bring in an experienced striker. Billy McKay would have been ideal. Murray looks like he might be a find and I like Muirhead, but they're still two young laddies with much to learn. Bilate's value to the team is debatable and he's always fucking injured regardless. The goalie's good but I worry that he's going to throw one in the net periodically this season. Again, would prefer an experienced player in there. Young, potentially exciting side, but too few older heads.

The team is looking not bad. Looks like a settled back four, and McGowan has been a terrific signing - extended deal would be nice. Will be interesting when Morris comes back. He'll struggle to displace Durnan or Donaldson on the evidence so far. Impressed with both of them, though a few hairy moments in the first half when we were playing a high line. Got decent competition in midfield. Spittal and Erskine have to be first choice for the attacking midfield spots.

Bodul appears to offer us something playing behind the front man, but would still prefer us to bring in an experienced striker. Billy McKay would have been ideal. Murray looks like he might be a find and I like Muirhead, but they're still two young laddies with much to learn. Bilate's value to the team is debatable and he's always fucking injured regardless. The goalie's good but I worry that he's going to throw one in the net periodically this season. Again, would prefer an experienced player in there. Young, potentially exciting side, but too few older heads.

McGowan is your best player. Thought Durnan looked good too. I remember thinking Donaldson looked ok as well but he was giving it the tongue out GIRUY to us Dees in the last couple of minutes - hopefully he's learned his lesson.

Murray is dog shit but that pace is going to cause all sorts of problems for teams - a better Martin Boyle.

Was Muirhead on? genuine question. I missed low coming on as well due to sitting with my head in my hands.....

Erskine is always a fucking nightmare - don't get the DAB hate.

Rankin was the boy between Thommo and Low being on.

Your keeper looks shite for me - the saves he made were right at him, he's cost the winner and his distribution was appaling.

Dixon - brutal first half, good 2nd until Stewart raped him and he lost it after that.

Spittal - would look good in hoops IMO

Bodul - a shite Tankulic - still time but I'm swerving towards an "I told you so"

None of you wanted that review but you can have it for free. Utd are better than i thought/hoped. c***s.

McGowan is your best player. Thought Durnan looked good too. I remember thinking Donaldson looked ok as well but he was giving it the tongue out GIRUY to us Dees in the last couple of minutes - hopefully he's learned his lesson.

Murray is dog shit but that pace is going to cause all sorts of problems for teams - a better Martin Boyle.

Was Muirhead on? genuine question. I missed low coming on as well due to sitting with my head in my hands.....

Erskine is always a fucking nightmare - don't get the DAB hate.

Rankin was the boy between Thommo and Low being on.

Your keeper looks shite for me - the saves he made were right at him, he's cost the winner and his distribution was appaling.

Dixon - brutal first half, good 2nd until Stewart raped him and he lost it after that.

Spittal - would look good in hoops IMO

Bodul - a shite Tankulic - still time but I'm swerving towards an "I told you so"

None of you wanted that review but you can have it for free. Utd are better than i thought/hoped. c***s.

Nah Muirhead didn't get on. Seems to be below Murray in the pecking order, which is a bit odd. Genuinely think Murray will do a job for us. He's a pest, reminds me of James Grady funnily enough. Agree with all of that, save for Bodul who I think may turn out to be a good player for us, though not as a striker.

Nah Muirhead didn't get on. Seems to be below Murray in the pecking order, which is a bit odd. Genuinely think Murray will do a job for us. He's a pest, reminds me of James Grady funnily enough. Agree with all of that, save for Bodul who I think may turn out to be a good player for us, though not as a striker.

I'm glad you find my post agreeable - time will tell with Darko but my favourite revelation is that you agree Spittal would look good in hoops.... :P

Spot on, although I have to say, I'm not convinced McKay would be a good fit for us tbh, I'm really not sure what type of striker we need but not sure a poacher is the answer. Someone tall, strong, good in the air, decent technically and an eye for a goal... Wish Muirhead was older, I'd persist with him up front, Bodal att mid and Murray as an impact sub. Wouldn't mind us playing a 442/4411 this season squad looks pretty well balanced and decent depth for that tactic.

Have to say I'm coming around to the durnan,Donaldson, McGowan 5 year deal thing. All 3 outstanding players.

After 3 or 4 games last year I would have had McGowan shot so delighted at how he has turned out.

Indeed it's a good job we have a solid enough defence and midfield as our front line options are relegation material. I never thought I would be praying for the return of Ryan Dow.

Have to say I'm coming around to the durnan,Donaldson, McGowan 5 year deal thing. All 3 outstanding players.

After 3 or 4 games last year I would have had McGowan shot so delighted at how he has turned out.

Indeed it's a good job we have a solid enough defence and midfield as our front line options are relegation material. I never thought I would be praying for the return of Ryan Dow.

8)

Durnan and Donaldson have the potential. On the other hand, I just adore how McGowan plays the game - if only every player in the team had his attitude. :wub:

Archived