The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

27 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Likely fitness levels playing a part. We always seemed to hit teams late in games last 25/20 minutes, almost like a second wind. Won us a lot of points in the end.

Quitongo absolutely changed the game, as you rightly say. McGrattan opened play up on our left side but your LB didn't have a clue what to do with Jai.

Well played.

Credit to your physio as well, seemed a real crowd pleaser. Unsure why 🫠

The Physio is well liked 🙈😆

59 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Would like to see Tidser go on and have a decent career in coaching. Got a bit of stick today but it was mainly banter, same goes for McCluskey and Lyon.

O'Ware on the other hand... Grade-A C**t.

ah right....you dont know your way round Gourock.

I’ve sofented slightly on O’Ware since he openly stated in that interview he’d made a royal arse of it leaving us. Don’t hold him in the same regard as a McGinty. 

I’m maybe going too soft.

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I’ve sofented slightly on O’Ware since he openly stated in that interview he’d made a royal arse of it leaving us. Don’t hold him in the same regard as a McGinty. 

think you have maybe had 1 or 2 many pints and gone emotional sir.

Really enjoyable day out today (minus the period between 3pm-3:45pm) a social club inside the ground aswell which sold drink at half time was a cracking bonus after such a dismal first half display. Much improved second half after we brought on 2 natural wide men. As much as I like oakley I can’t help but feel him and muirhead cannot play in the same team.

delighted for Boyd to get off the mark as that will only give him confidence going forward. O’Connor put in a hell of a shift at right back and showed great composure for his 2 assists which could easily have been lashed across the face of goal. Still fancy him more as a centre back though.

Bearne showed glimpses when he came on and has potential to be a real asset. Good 3 points on the road and we should now be looking at an absolute bare minimum 9 points. Looking forward to Tuesday now in another must win game.

I've missed the last 2 games as I'm over in Turkey but it sounds like O'connor has done well at RB and will be a decent cover option for when we eventually sign a proper RB. We know Broadfoot can potentially play there too if absolutely needed. Would imagine a decent RB is now the absolute priority for Dougie. 

Ideally the 6th defender would then be a Lamie type who can play CB/LB.  All being well, we can prob wait until later in the window to pick up that player, possibly as a loan.

13 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

So are his team..... for 45 mins

Working up to 60 minutes next game then hopefully 90 by the time the league starts 🤣

Tidser has started well compared to last season drudgery under Potter.

I was impressed by you 2nd half, really stepped up the gears.

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Working up to 60 minutes next game then hopefully 90 by the time the league starts 🤣

Tidser has started well compared to last season drudgery under Potter.

I was impressed by you 2nd half, really stepped up the gears.

I thought Kelty looked good in the first half. Controlled the midfield and forced up to go long far too much. Was really impressed with the boy that scored the goal and your number 9 will be a real handful for most teams in league 1. 

The early subs in the second half totally changed the game especially Quitongo coming on which allowed boyd to move more central. 

A good win against a tricky opposition and a decent day out all in.

On 16/07/2023 at 01:08, TheGoon said:

Both have scored at Cappielow since leaving and the fucking glee in their eyes after doing so means that their bridges are well and truly burned as far as I'm concerned. No danger of them ever being hospitality special guests at Scapa in the future.

2 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Both have scored at Cappielow since leaving and the fucking glee in their eyes after doing so means that their bridges are well and truly burned as far as I'm concerned. No danger of them ever being hospitality special guests at Scapa in the future.

Aye and I'm sure your fans were giving them great receptions prior to them scoring. 

41 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

McGinty has moved to a much bigger club so that's why he probably had a glee in his eye.

I have seen some shite post on here and this is one of them you are no bigger or smaller ya clown