The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

If that happens the hounding of the club is going to reach the effigy stage very soon.

Why? No idea what the guy is like but surely your fans would accept that the lad would want to join a bigger and more successful club if given the chance, rather than a relegation dogfight under the tutelage of Jim Duffy.

Why? No idea what the guy is like but surely your fans would accept that the lad would want to join a bigger and more successful club if given the chance, rather than a relegation dogfight under the tutelage of Jim Duffy.

So why then would he opt to join a team so lacking in quality that it is a racing certainty to be relegated from the Scottish Premiership, Partick Slightly Priclybits.

So why then would he opt to join a team so lacking in quality that it is a racing certainty to be relegated from the Scottish Premiership, Partick Slightly Priclybits.

You're right mate, he would (if we are even in for him) definitely rather join you in the Championship rather than help us consolidate our 8th place finish last year in the Premiership. You've got me bang to rights there.

You're right mate, he would (if we are even in for him) definitely rather join you in the Championship rather than help us consolidate our 8th place finish last year in the Premiership. You've got me bang to rights there.

Not sure that consolidating eighth place is an appropriate euphemism for being racing certainties for bottom spot.

For announcing a signing as a done deal only for it not to materialise for the second time in one transfer window when we're absolutely desperate for players to improve our clearly inadequate squad.

That said, the Johnstone to Partick suggestion seems to have solely come from people on wearethistle listing young Scottish strikers at English clubs who'll maybe be loaned out rather than anyone having a source or inside knowledge, so I'm not remotely worried. Though if the deal isn't confirmed tomorrow I will be.

For announcing a signing as a done deal only for it not to materialise for the second time in one transfer window when we're absolutely desperate for players to improve our clearly inadequate squad.

That said, the Johnstone to Partick suggestion seems to have solely come from people on wearethistle listing young Scottish strikers at English clubs who'll maybe be loaned out rather than anyone having a source or inside knowledge, so I'm not remotely worried. Though if the deal isn't confirmed tomorrow I will be.

Relax its only a few Jag fans with empty pigeon lofts hoping they can help the club by giving them a room.

Whilst that is partly true, we are also thought to be close to signing a guy who Archie has been chasing for over a year; Johnstone is believed to be a player we looked at in January before Taylor returned but we couldn't sign him for similar reasons as to why Morton couldn't play Tidser.

As I said initially though, it's certainly in the rather "wild" category of speculation. From the player's perspective, it would probably be more beneficial to join Morton where I'd expect he'd start most matches; might do the same with us but would need to prove that he was a better option than Doolan first.

What was your thoughts on the Dumbarton team on saturday?

Was at the Emirates watching Arsenal v Lyon so not in a position to comment. Had you down to win 2 -0' and to score in first ten minutes. Losing 2,goals would suggest you tired and you were playing a bit of a patchwork team to be fair.

I see that Denny trained with us yesterday and the paperwork is (hopefully) a formality. I've got a good feeling about this signing (but I'll not bother starting a thread about it) As far as Dumbarton are concerned - clearly they are quite a bit ahead of us in terms of squad building so their win wasn't the slightest surprise, and a good chance to get some of my money back from the bookie Even though Dumbarton won comfortably - I'm confident that if Duffy adds 2 or 3 decent signings to our squad, we won't be necessarily chasing them in the league.

I've no idea who is available for the Elgin game (our defence is obviously a worry atm) but I'm changing my tune regarding a struggle against them. I'm now hoping to beat them by a goal or two :wacko: )

Are we still interested in Luke Donnelly btw ?