The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, k-ton said:

How would I/you know?

I'm quite enjoying some of the Falkirk-ladz bantz over this debacle but it's always good to know your limits. 

Seeing as Ray missed out on a transfer window for this bouffin Falkirk side it will be incredibly funny if he fucks this job up, keep it coming Falkirk.

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Morten fans trying to pretend that they are happy with what’s happened in the last week.

IMG_0889.jpg

Even by your low standards of accuracy that's just ridiculous. 

You are just a tapeworm up the arsenal of this forum. Bugger aff.

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Morten fans trying to pretend that they are happy with what’s happened in the last week.

IMG_0889.jpg

We were angry at first and rightly so with the way Falkirk and McKinnon went about their business BUT we've now hired a replacement within a few days that the majority of the fans are behind. I'd say we are now at the stage were we would find it hilarious if McKinnon turns out worse than Hartley, if not then fair do's.

We were angry at first and rightly so with the way Falkirk and McKinnon went about their business BUT we've now hired a replacement within a few days that the majority of the fans are behind. I'd say we are now at the stage were we would find it hilarious if McKinnon turns out worse than Hartley, if not then fair do's.
Yeah, except you went to great lengths to tell us how not angry you definitely were...

download-1.jpg

It's been an absolute disaster of a 24 hours for all the rubber-neckers tbh. Just when they began to assume that McGhee or some other dinosaur was inevitably lumbering in the door, The Famous deliver a replacement who quite possibly be better at his job than King Snake ever was. What a terrible, wee shame that is for them. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Club has top target + top target is interested = top target being appointed

... is about as airtight an assumption as you'll find.

Except it didnt happen in the summer and McKinnon got the job

This is in danger of getting horribly circular. No one knows if he was a target last time round or (if he was) whether he was interested.   

We do know he was otherwise employed at Rangers until mid June.

We do know Morton appointed Mckinnon at the end of May after a lengthy recruitment process.

That's it.  Everything else is speculation.

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm only going by what boulderdomb said above. 

I'll be happy to be corrected if you know that this wasn't the case. 

m9, you quoted me saying "how would I know?". That it's all speculation was kind of my point.

4 minutes ago, k-ton said:

This is in danger of getting horribly circular. No one knows if he was a target last time round or (if he was) whether he was interested.   

We do know he was otherwise employed at Rangers until mid June.

We do know Morton appointed Mckinnon at the end of May after a lengthy recruitment process.

That's it.  Everything else is speculation.

Well, no.

We do know that Morton identified JJ as their "primary target" "Through our previous working relationship". That previous relationship didnt happen in the last 3 months.

Therefore, either JJ wasnt interested in May or he wasnt actually the primary target, he was somewhere down the list after McKinnon.

Its not speculation its simple logic.

Well, no.
We do know that Morton identified JJ as their "primary target" "Through our previous working relationship". That previous relationship didnt happen in the last 3 months.
Therefore, either JJ wasnt interested in May or he wasnt actually the primary target, he was somewhere down the list after McKinnon.

You’re wasting your time trying explain this to a Morton fan. No matter how simple it is.

21 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Well, no.

Jesus wept.  So by your "logic" he was also the primary target when we appointed Kenny Shiels and Jim Duffy.

Give it up.