The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

This is where my thinking sits right now.

Dougie has not been shy at dropping players for mistakes, especially if repeated. You could sense his frustration after those mistakes but there was no way the ringer was going to be given any game time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him opt for having actual competition in the goalkeeping department next season.

Time will tell.

There absolutely has to be some degree of competition/cover in that position; the fact that the first one in the door is 22 (and might not be costing the earth in stepping up from p/t to f/t) strongly suggests there will be…

2 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Two goalkeepers who are capable of playing regularly in the Championship is a huge waste of resources for a club of our size. 

Depends what you mean by 'capable of playing in the Championship regularly', I suppose... but I don't think we're looking at 'huge' resources tbh (and I don't think they'd be 'wasted', either).

The additional cost would be the wage of the cheaper of the two keepers, minus whtaever Green was on last year. How much do you think that is?

29 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Looks like Partick are going with 3 keepers. Madness!

McCready is only 20 and was on loan in the Lowland League last season. I was surprised to see Sneddon re-sign (thought he’d turn up at you tbh) but now I imagine McCready will go on loan again this season.

24 minutes ago, Smurph said:

McCready is only 20 and was on loan in the Lowland League last season. I was surprised to see Sneddon re-sign (thought he’d turn up at you tbh) but now I imagine McCready will go on loan again this season.

Still a bit surprising all the same 

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Great news and well deserved. Had a fantastic season and couldn't have been far off being player of the season

Agreed, thought he was really consistent and ran his socks off. Really came into his own as the season wore on.

I think Baird has developed a large amount of love for both the club and the fans. I would imagine he took that offer in a heartbeat.

More than happy to have him on for another year after next.

Edited by ClydeTon

Michael Doyle in training with us today it would appear. 

I liked him when he was here but given that was 5 years ago and he's played for 5 clubs since then, probably not who I would want to see replace Liam Grimshaw...

Couldn't be the worst signing ever, but at the same time, not a huge fan of going for L1 players all around. Perhaps a financial limitation, but that's a bit more of a downgrade in Grimmy than we should be looking for.

On the flipside, Pignatiello is of a similar level and did the business (quite well) last year when called upon. Presuming L1 is now his level, rather than still being of the level he was when with us.

Edited by ClydeTon

1 hour ago, #Gary said:

Michael Doyle in training with us today it would appear. 

I liked him when he was here but given that was 5 years ago and he's played for 5 clubs since then, probably not who I would want to see replace Liam Grimshaw...

Jesus fucking wept, surely not. Doyle was shite when he was here in his prime, nevermind after 5 years of playing for dung sides.

Pretty concerned by our transfer business so far tbh.

Edited by Jives Miguel

Imrie explicitly said that we'll be offering players we've no intention of signing the chance to train to keep their fitness up so fans shouldn't get carried away with anyone who shows up at training. I'd expect Doyle to come into that category.

If we are actually looking at signing him we still need a Pignatiello replacement too and he would tick the box of versatile cover with how often he's played at centre back since leaving us, but I'd hope we're looking for better. Either way there's no chance we're bringing him in as a first choice right back.

37 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Anyone got a clue how/where to get tickets for Alloa? Is it a turnstile you pay at, ticket office or is it via Morton?

Cheers.

Fanbase:

Fanbase, our new fan engagement and ticketing partner, will help modernise the fan experience at Cappielow. The award winning Edinburgh-based company has been brought onboard to upgrade and consolidate all core areas of the fan experience with innovative services across ticketing, hospitality bookings and communications all across online and offline via one integrated system. The mobile app will also give fans access to the latest content, their own digital wallet and access to any match ticket or event purchases.

Download iOS: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fanbase/id1543725541

Download Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fanbase.app

12 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

Fanbase:

Fanbase, our new fan engagement and ticketing partner, will help modernise the fan experience at Cappielow. The award winning Edinburgh-based company has been brought onboard to upgrade and consolidate all core areas of the fan experience with innovative services across ticketing, hospitality bookings and communications all across online and offline via one integrated system. The mobile app will also give fans access to the latest content, their own digital wallet and access to any match ticket or event purchases.

Download iOS: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fanbase/id1543725541

Download Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fanbase.app

Don't see anything on there for Alloa tho. Already got season tickets through it.

On 26/06/2023 at 14:20, ClydeTon said:

Don't see anything on there for Alloa tho. Already got season tickets through it.

You can only buy tickets for Cappielow via Greenock Morton on Fanbase. Alloa are not on Fanbase, so tickets will not be available there.

43 minutes ago, forfarton said:

You can only buy tickets for Cappielow via Greenock Morton on Fanbase. Alloa are not on Fanbase, so tickets will not be available there.

I guessed that. I asked above how/where to get tickets for Alloa and was referred to fanbase by another poster. No clear answer anywhere online either.

8 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Total pish and you know its total pish.

Tickets can ALWAYS be bought on match-day at the ticket-office on Sinclair St.

You might want to read the post (and conversation again).