The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

21 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Imrie's whole recruitment strategy since coming in has been to sign players who've got talent there but have lost their way a bit, Muirhead, Crawford, Quitongo etc. were all shot of confidence and out of options when they came in and would now get into most teams in the league. That's just the way we have to operate with our budget constraints. I can accept that we're always going to end up with a few duds shopping in that market but Imrie really has to try something else, Power and Gillespie aren't up to it and we seen in the second half on Saturday that we have the players available to leave them out now. 

Boyd and Bearne are 2 that I'd like to see us persist with also, both have shown flashes of being capable of playing their part but have some work to do before they're up to scratch. 

Disagree with your point re Gillespie.  He's still got something to add to the team. When he's on it no one else in the squad can get the ball down and make us play the way he does. He needs an energetic and mobile midfield partner in there and Power isn't that guy. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

When he's on it no one else in the squad can get the ball down and make us play the way he does.

Agree with that, but since his injury last season how often has he been on it? For me he gives the ball away far too much and every week midfielders are ghosting by him, Reece Lyon didn't have much of a job getting the better of him on more than one occasion on Saturday, which is a worry. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Disagree with your point re Gillespie.  He's still got something to add to the team. When he's on it no one else in the squad can get the ball down and make us play the way he does. He needs an energetic and mobile midfield partner in there and Power isn't that guy. 

Also disagree with the point re: Bearne, who has been absolutely gubbins. 

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Ooft. You have neither the intellect nor physical presence to back up this sort of stuff. Pipedown you arrogant little p***k.

I am genuinely taken aback that you have the audacity to challenge anyone's intelligence🤣🤣🤣

Harkness out long term and likely to go back to Rangers without playing a game.

The most sensible choice here would be to persist with Baird and French as a centre back partnership who've made us much more solid and make do with Wilson at right back until O'Connor is fit again, but I fear this means we're going to see Broadfoot in the team again every week with French going to right back.

On 16/10/2023 at 09:18, Mr.Blue said:

In general I would agree about Gillespie, but he's certainly not up to speed at the moment. The goal we conceded on Saturday is a good example of that (his booking not long after a similar late challenge is another) - both he and Power were painfully off the pace. They would be a cracking midfield pair if they were properly match fit for this level, but neither seem to be right now.  I don't think the issue with Gillespie is going to be solved as easily as changing who he's in midfield with - he's had injury issues this season just isn't looking like the player we know he can be. 

On 17/10/2023 at 15:57, Mr.Blue said:

I am genuinely taken aback that you have the audacity to challenge anyone's intelligence🤣🤣🤣

Hopefully your astonishment will subside when you understand the difference between intellect and intelligence.

Well having considered the weather situation the SPL have called Saturdays game off. Fair play.

Sadly  they will probably rearrange for a Champions League Tuesday/Wednesday night so fecking up our attendance expectations. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been this far down on the forum for a couple of years and not been following your results and certainly haven't missed the usual suspect posters. Having said that in the interests of our long standing friendly rivalry and St Mirren fans pouring cash into your buckets so you don't go bust....Get fucking doon cuntos🤣