The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2024 at 15:44, Dunning1874 said:

Finished strongly?! The whole defence was a riot in the last quarter and Broadfoot in particular was absolutely shambolic at Inverness, having been wholly responsible for Arbroath's goal two weeks earlier as well. Broadfoot's good performances began and ended with the League Cup campaign.

Imrie's comment with the announcement was  "I am delighted to have Kirk sign on for another season. Kirk is a very experienced player who has played at the top level and that professionalism and knowledge is invaluable to the team.”

Maybe he could use his vast experience and knowledge to stop giving our opponents goals on a plate every time he sets foot on the park. Failing that his invaluable professionalism could at least stop him being a ridiculous loose cannon who gets 15 bookings in one season.

In the 28 league games involving Broadfoot we kept 6 clean sheets. In the 8 games not involving Broadfoot, we kept 6 clean sheets. It's not just that his own legs have gone to the point he's miles away from being good enough, he drags everyone else down to his extremely low level.

You sure he got 15 bookings? A bit of exaggeration does help you argument right enough, he got 11 bookings in league games if you want to check your abacus.

Edited by JustOneCornetto

28 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

You sure he got 15 bookings? A bit of exaggeration does help you argument right enough, he got 11 bookings in league games if you want to check your abacus.

He was booked against Stranraer and Rangers in the League Cup, Elgin in the Challenge Cup and Hearts in the Scottish Cup, so assuming you’re right about 11 league bookings (which I’m almost certain you are), that makes 15.

14 minutes ago, Toby said:

He was booked against Stranraer and Rangers in the League Cup, Elgin in the Challenge Cup and Hearts in the Scottish Cup, so assuming you’re right about 11 league bookings (which I’m almost certain you are), that makes 15.

I thought he was only talking about league games (28 played, 8 missed) so assumed bookings were same set of games but yes 15 bookings in all games.

18 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

I thought he was only talking about league games (28 played, 8 missed) so assumed bookings were same set of games but yes 15 bookings in all games.

Yeah I was meaning all competitions for the bookings then was looking at league only for the clean sheets, can see why that'd lead to crossed wires.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Unsure if an away kit has been chosen yet but we could do a lot worse than going for something similar to raiths yellow and blue kit. Cracker.

There was a vote on one at the tail end of last year, can't remember which one was chosen mind.

Edit - I think we went with option 4.

image.png.92bdc3a52819e24ef2ca877992ecfcad.png

Edited by Stevie Aitken's Love Child

16 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

There was a vote on one at the tail end of last year, can't remember which one was chosen mind.

I usually like a Peru-type sash on a strip, but I don't like that - a bit Hunny?

I think the other 3 options are all really smart tho.

So it'll be Option 1 then?

17 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Completely forgot about this. 4 good options but thought option 2 would've took the vote.

1 hour ago, baba douche said:

I usually like a Peru-type sash on a strip, but I don't like that - a bit Hunny?

On what planet does that strip look 'hunny'?

Anyway, as said above, option 4 took it.

20 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Unsure if an away kit has been chosen yet but we could do a lot worse than going for something similar to raiths yellow and blue kit. Cracker.

Swines sold a bucket load of them as well because it's based on the Las Palmas kit and was even supposed to be getting sold in the Las Palmas club shop.

Hasn't materialised yet, but proper jealousy if the reported friendly away in Gran Canaria gets announced.

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

On what planet does that strip look 'hunny'?

Anyway, as said above, option 4 took it.

That's why I posed it as a question - I don't know why I don't like that option, I think my mind has gone 'blue sash = ***' (I KNOW they don't wear blue sashes!).

I don't think it looks Hunny - it's the only unconscious reason I can think of as to why I don't like it.

Anyway, Option 4 is smart - 90's Arsenal top with pinstripes 👍

2 minutes ago, baba douche said:

That's why I posed it as a question - I don't know why I don't like that option, I think my mind has gone 'blue sash = ***' (I KNOW they don't wear blue sashes!).

I don't think it looks Hunny - it's the only unconscious reason I can think of as to why I don't like it.

Anyway, Option 4 is smart - 90's Arsenal top with pinstripes 👍

Aye, wrong blue, they don't do blue sashes and on yellow makes it far from that description.

Anyway, Motherwell had that market well sewn up.

motherwell-23-24-away-kit(10).thumb.jpg.abfe8689d544415bd044da70d40ee389.jpg

Looks like you’re maybe dipping into the market we were in last few years, it’s like flinging darts at a dartboard however you do hit a bullseye every so often. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Looks like you’re maybe dipping into the market we were in last few years, it’s like flinging darts at a dartboard however you do hit a bullseye every so often. 

Dougie previously stated we didn't look further afield due to the added costs of bringing them up and putting them in digs.

Club recently bought a flat in Greenock so looks like we are just gonna fire them all in there.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Dougie previously stated we didn't look further afield due to the added costs of bringing them up and putting them in digs.

Club recently bought a flat in Greenock so looks like we are just gonna fire them all in there.

Think what we found was the costs were probably just about the same as some championship players we were in for, but at that time just couldn’t compete financially with what others were offering, so went down that route. Think these type of players take the risk coming up here on maybe less than what some think to try get exposure for a move afterwards. Dipo for example was on around 500 a week. Compare that to say a Ruari Paton on almost treble or there abouts. 

24 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Some pace and a lovely finish here.

Only 3 league goals in 30 games though...

Wouldn’t read much in to stats, Oakleys stats before coming to us you’d think we’ve signed a donkey here but Dougie got the best out of him and he was a good asset, hopefully Dougie can get the best out this lad him & Davies up top