League Amalgamation

Moondancer

Thoughts on doing away with ADL and Central leagues 1/2 say in two seasons time giving everybody plenty of notice, taking top half of adl and central first giving pyramid system with promotion/relegation simplified to top 2 and bottom 2 with play offs for third top and bottom teams.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the west region should follow the east and increase the size of the top two leagues to 16 teams each.

Or at least the premier league.

11 home games all season is no good.

I think the west region should follow the east and increase the size of the top two leagues to 16 teams each.

I'd go with that and extend the 2nd tier which is just too tight.

with Gartcairn joining the league it takes the teams 2 64 in the west. Why don't they just merge the adl and central leagues and just have 4 16 team leagues giving every team 15 home games and get rid or either the sectional league cup or the Ayrshire and central league cups. I'd get rid of sectional

Mon the papers

with Gartcairn joining the league it takes the teams 2 64 in the west. Why don't they just merge the adl and central leagues and just have 4 16 team leagues giving every team 15 home games and get rid or either the sectional league cup or the Ayrshire and central league cups. I'd get rid of sectional

Mon the papers

That's the way i'd prefer to go ... but it was proposed and voted down 2 or 3 years ago. Mainly by the lower div clubs I think

Travel costs would put some of the smaller teams out of business and fans would be put off by the extra travelling

Any supporter who doesn't want to travel more than an hour to see their team isn't a supporter. They're merely looking for wee while oot the hoose

If there's 64 teams, get rid of Ayrshire and Central, and mirror the East with North and South Divisions.

16 Superleague, 16 team Premier, 2 x 16 North and South.

As in similar to the old east west in the central league days? I'd certainly go for that, the superleague is scary given 3 can, and have went down this season as did last year. That said the super first is..... 3 can go up while 4 go down!

Lose your first game your panicking!

As in similar to the old east west in the central league days? I'd certainly go for that, the superleague is scary given 3 can, and have went down this season as did last year. That said the super first is..... 3 can go up while 4 go down!

Lose your first game your panicking!

Here's a question though. In light of that, is the standard of football better or worse and/or more exciting to watch?

I'd suggest many teams managers set their teams out not to lose and make them sit or whatever the palava I'm no coach, yes it's more exciting come the vinegar strokes time in the season end, it does work!

That said if teams had a bigger cushion they'd maybe let the so called flair players off the leash and have a go?

Last season during his short stint in charge of Arthurlie Craig McEwan played a 4-3-3 against Talbot at home, we won 1-0 and even Tucker post match said the scoreline flattered his side. From the start we went at them, most teams sit in and let Talbot play which ends only one way, if you get at them...

It's all about mind sets I'd guess, faith in your squad to go and do it or thinking we can sit in defend all day and maybe scrape a draw. If the league was bigger then maybe more gaffers would be more positive?

Travel costs would put some of the smaller teams out of business

No they wouldn't - people always use that as a barrier to progress as if they think that everyone who plays for Kello or Dunipace (as per the above longest trip) actually lives within 5 minutes of their ground.

Also for the so called smaller clubs the likes of Talbot, Glenafton, Pollok, Clydebank, Arthurlie would take a decent sized support which would generate £'s for the clubs, it's all about having the bottle to go for it.

If a new junior team is formed and joins the setup there are one of two ways it goes:

ADL and being able to play Talbot potentially in 3 seasons.

District and being able to play Talbot in potentially 4 seasons.

The above is the fatal flaw of the current system and someone needs to have the bottle to change it.

All it takes is for a plan to be drawn up and a club to propose it at an AGM, whilst in the background explaining how it would work to clubs and gathering support.

Personally I think it’s been a great benefit to the East, more league games and less local cups games works. Now and again you need to move a club between North and South Districts to keep numbers balanced but other than that there’s not been too many issues, and no club has folded due to travelling costs.

Also for the so called smaller clubs the likes of Talbot, Glenafton, Pollok, Clydebank, Arthurlie would take a decent sized support which would generate £'s for the clubs, it's all about having the bottle to go for it.

It's not about bottle, it's about means. Teams like Muirkirk and Craigmark have no chance of ever being in the same league as any of the ones you listed.

Archived