Be'Jesus you dont wanna finish bottom in Div 2 this season

Leaving aside all the conspiracy theories of last seasons pyramid playoffs,you absolutely DON'T want to be be anchoring Div 2 this coming season as given the signings Brora Rangers have made,there will be no mistakes on their part this year in achieving promotion to the SPFL.

Allegedly their wage bill for the coming season will be greater than most if not all Championship clubs,and whilst that doesn't guarantee anything,it does signal a real ambition to win a third and last Highland League title for the small Sutherland village.

One could not fault the commitment of those Brora players involved in the 2nd leg at Montrose but to go into the match with 2 unexplained absentees,and 5 subs of which two were goalkeepers,two long term injuries who had not made a single appearance all season and a 17 year old, does tell its own story. Add to this the top scorer in Scotland getting sent off immediately after Brora equalizer and lets face it the conspiracy theorists were always going to have a field day.

If press reports are to believed several more signings are expected including a French player currently playing for Lyon ( coming over here with the oil industry).

Big meeting up in Brora next Tuesday where the plans and aspirations will be laid out,which will be interesting.

Many a slip between cup and lip but it does add up to quite a interesting season and Be'Jesus you don't wannna finish bottom of Div 2 this season.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexandre Lacazette or Christian Grenier??? What a load of shit. 'Higher wage bill than most if not all Ch clubs'. You do know Rangers, Hibs, St Mirren, Falkirk and Morton are in this league, right???

Oops....i stand corrected. forgot about Rangers and Hibs being in the Championship-Apologies. As for your other 3 my three,my comments stand.

They couldn't beat a piss poor Montrose team and lost to Clyde in Scottish Cup the season previous so they are nowhere near as good as is being made out here.

I hope they don't come up as it just sounds like Gretna all over again and we all know how that ended up.

Richard Brittain could easily gone to another Premership side or any championship team,so signing for Brora Rangers was a right coup. True the proof will be at the end of next season but Be'Jesus you don't wannna finish bottom of Div 2 this season.

Far too many unexplained events in last seasons play offs but absolutely no mixed messages this coming year and 100% focus by all players towards an SPFL place.

I think we sometimes forget just what a stella journey Gretna had in Scottish football. Surely it was better to have had and lost than not to have had at all. Lest we forget Gretna failed because of the sad illness of their benefactor and whilst it led to their demise they are not alone in the ranks of professional game to have suffered this fate.Gretna worked their way up winning divisions and did they not reach a Cup Final? -Probably achieved more than many many many clubs will ever do. Who know there may be life left in the old dog yet via Gretna 2008-lets hope so.

I hope they don't come up as it just sounds like Gretna all over again and we all know how that ended up.

^^^ this.

I think we sometimes forget just what a stella journey Gretna had in Scottish football. Surely it was better to have had and lost than not to have had at all. Lest we forget Gretna failed because of the sad illness of their benefactor and whilst it led to their demise they are not alone in the ranks of professional game to have suffered this fate.Gretna worked their way up winning divisions and did they not reach a Cup Final? -Probably achieved more than many many many clubs will ever do. Who know there may be life left in the old dog yet via Gretna 2008-lets hope so.

So, spooge away money you don't have for meaningless trophies, and just start again when you go tits up? We've already got one Rangers with that motto, thanks.

I think you'll find that the people who actually turned up to Gretna's matches found it all a bit more traumatic than that. Not to mention their creditors.

^^^ this.

So, spooge away money you don't have for meaningless trophies, and just start again when you go tits up? We've already got one Rangers with that motto, thanks.

I think you'll find that the people who actually turned up to Gretna's matches found it all a bit more traumatic than that. Not to mention their creditors.

No not at all and I did not say that. Financial prudence and risk management is critical but that should not act as a counterweight against ambition.Having been bottom 3 in the Highland League for 50+ years I think its wonderful that such a tiny village team can ascend and take the HFL limelight away from Aberdeenshire. I dont live anyway near Brora but I enjoy watching them and its great to be a small part of a great journey.

We just finished bottom for the "BANTS" Last year it wont happen again.Brora were an okay team nothing marvelous.......well not like marvelous marvin :thumsup2 .Richie Brittian..good signing indeed,but will he follow grant munro saying if Brora go up he will find another club?As for the striker that get sent off he had a full two pages in goals(sun newspaer)saying he was gagging to go up with brora and basicly saying they would hammer us at links park.So am not buying he got sent off to help montrose win the tie basicly.Montrose beat you lot over the two legs fair and square.To be honest bugger going to Brora twice a year absolute brutal journey!

Leaving aside all the conspiracy theories of last seasons pyramid playoffs,you absolutely DON'T want to be be anchoring Div 2 this coming season as given the signings Brora Rangers have made,there will be no mistakes on their part this year in achieving promotion to the SPFL.

Allegedly their wage bill for the coming season will be greater than most if not all Championship clubs,and whilst that doesn't guarantee anything,it does signal a real ambition to win a third and last Highland League title for the small Sutherland village.

One could not fault the commitment of those Brora players involved in the 2nd leg at Montrose but to go into the match with 2 unexplained absentees,and 5 subs of which two were goalkeepers,two long term injuries who had not made a single appearance all season and a 17 year old, does tell its own story. Add to this the top scorer in Scotland getting sent off immediately after Brora equalizer and lets face it the conspiracy theorists were always going to have a field day.

If press reports are to believed several more signings are expected including a French player currently playing for Lyon ( coming over here with the oil industry).

Big meeting up in Brora next Tuesday where the plans and aspirations will be laid out,which will be interesting.

Many a slip between cup and lip but it does add up to quite a interesting season and Be'Jesus you don't wannna finish bottom of Div 2 this season.

51154a23afa96f6899000172.jpg

Alexandre Lacazette or Christian Grenier??? What a load of shit. 'Higher wage bill than most if not all Ch clubs'. You do know Rangers, Hibs, St Mirren, Falkirk and Morton are in this league, right???

You could probably add alloa and raith to that list as well and i'd imagine clyde and dunfermline will have more money than brora to.

We just finished bottom for the "BANTS" Last year it wont happen again.Brora were an okay team nothing marvelous.......well not like marvelous marvin :thumsup2 .Richie Brittian..good signing indeed,but will he follow grant munro saying if Brora go up he will find another club?As for the striker that get sent off he had a full two pages in goals(sun newspaer)saying he was gagging to go up with brora and basicly saying they would hammer us at links park.So am not buying he got sent off to help montrose win the tie basicly.Montrose beat you lot over the two legs fair and square.To be honest bugger going to Brora twice a year absolute brutal journey!

Thoroughly enjoyed our two games against Montrose,who imo won on merit. True its a brutal journey to Brora but Sutherland is a long way away. Do hope Montrose can build on their success and keep pulling in the crowds. Can't see Brora not in the pyramid system and dare I say it East Stirlingshire as opponents.

We welcome Clyde and Morton to Sutherland for pre-season friendlies and we extend a Highland welcome to them.

No not at all and I did not say that. Financial prudence and risk management is critical but that should not act as a counterweight against ambition.Having been bottom 3 in the Highland League for 50+ years I think its wonderful that such a tiny village team can ascend and take the HFL limelight away from Aberdeenshire. I dont live anyway near Brora but I enjoy watching them and its great to be a small part of a great journey.

Still reads like that's exactly what you're saying TBH.

Anyone can rocket up the leagues with a sugar daddy; it's meaningless, and the equivalent of buying some trophies from the local shop. When they inevitably pull the plug, you'll lose your club company club and the newbies enjoying the "great journey" will disappear when it's time to try starting again.

Might want to try encouraging the board to try investing in the future instead of using the club as a vanity project.

Archived