It's official - Talbot fans are Gorm less.

tommyboy

Best of luck to the lad. He's done well for the Champions and deserves a shot at stepping up.

As an aside, I am a bit doubtful about some of J O'D's quotation marks around Tucker's statement. If anyone knows Tucker they will know that he is too down to earth to say,..... "Certainly, a big performance from him would not go amiss as we have question marks hanging over the availability of several players on top of the definite absence of goalkeeper Andy Leishman whose jersey will be filled by deputy Robert Kerr."

A bit of poetic licence seems to be at play.

Best of luck to the lad. He's done well for the Champions and deserves a shot at stepping up.

As an aside, I am a bit doubtful about some of J O'D's quotation marks around Tucker's statement. If anyone knows Tucker they will know that he is too down to earth to say,..... "Certainly, a big performance from him would not go amiss as we have question marks hanging over the availability of several players on top of the definite absence of goalkeeper Andy Leishman whose jersey will be filled by deputy Robert Kerr."

A bit of poetic licence seems to be at play.

Having heard Tucker's interviews on a couple of occasions,I've got to agree with that,jimbo.

Then again,if we take Jim O'D's quotes at face value,particularly the recent quotes from Tony and wee Davy,we might be excused if we believe that the current crop of Junior managers only got involved in the game after their graduations from RADA.

Having heard Tucker's interviews on a couple of occasions,I've got to agree with that,jimbo.

Then again,if we take Jim O'D's quotes at face value,particularly the recent quotes from Tony and wee Davy,we might be excused if we believe that the current crop of Junior managers only got involved in the game after their graduations from RADA.

On a serious note though, is it ok to do that in print? I know it's just to give more coherence and fit in with the journalistic language but it can be dangerous. Although I suppose if the essence of what is said hasn't been changed then it's fine.

On a serious note though, is it ok to do that in print? I know it's just to give more coherence and fit in with the journalistic language but it can be dangerous. Although I suppose if the essence of what is said hasn't been changed then it's fine.

I've often wondered this myself with Jim's junior quotes from junior players and managers in his column.

The wordage allegedly from players and managers portrays them all as articulate and straight grade A English schoolboys .

Obviously he can't quote ayes and naws but everything always seems to be eg " hence my choosing of joining that club "

The same old quotes seem to be churned out and I think Jim must try and tart lots up in his column.

I've often wondered this myself with Jim's junior quotes from junior players and managers in his column.

The wordage allegedly from players and managers portrays them all as articulate and straight grade A English schoolboys .

Obviously he can't quote ayes and naws but everything always seems to be eg " hence my choosing of joining that club "

The same old quotes seem to be churned out and I think Jim must try and tart lots up in his column.

Yep,that's the key,jb. And,while nobody is suggesting that managers are less than articulate,tbf to Jim O'D,he has,as Hertha points out,to strike a balance between verbatim quotes in the vernacular,and making the guys sound like Bertie Wooster.

I think that over the course of a season,the guy does a pretty good job. :)

This is what happens when you join a self-styled "big team". They have press officers to translate the local patois into English.

Yep,that's the key,jb. And,while nobody is suggesting that managers are less than articulate,tbf to Jim O'D,he has,as Hertha points out,to strike a balance between verbatim quotes in the vernacular,and making the guys sound like Bertie Wooster.

I suppose so. It can't be easy dealing with so many personalities and trying to keep everyone onside. Although I can think of worse gigs!

Agreed and the evening times with its column every day and the sun with its Saturday / Sunday / Monday & Wednesday columns along with its Facebook page and Twitter etc is up there too for junior coverage.

The daily record in comparison is woeful and it only gives small junior snippets when it can be arsed and more often than not its when a player moves from junior to senior or vice versa.

Archived