Yet another US shooting

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not a mass shooting but still indicative of police attitudes.

A Florida policeman shot and wounded an autistic man's unarmed black therapist on Monday, local media reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36859305

Read that earlier and had to do a double take to check it was serious and not some spoof article. What a messed up place. 

13 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Read that earlier and had to do a double take to check it was serious and not some spoof article. What a messed up place. 

You'd think it should be unbelievable, but it's more shocking that it's no longer surprising.

The Independent have a brilliant quote from the victim, summing up the attitude of the American police.

“When he shot me, it was so surprising. It was like a mosquito bite. And when he hit me, I’m like, I still got my hands in the air. I said, ‘You know, I just got shot.’ And I’m saying to them, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ And his words to me, he said, ‘I don’t know.’” 

41 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I honestly hope that cop gets put away for a long time!

Here’s How Many Cops Got Convicted Of Murder Last Year For On-Duty Shootings

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-shooting-convictions_us_5695968ce4b086bc1cd5d0da

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Here’s How Many Cops Got Convicted Of Murder Last Year For On-Duty Shootings

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-shooting-convictions_us_5695968ce4b086bc1cd5d0da

That stat is as frightening as the number of shootings by cops.  In some respects maybe more so.

14 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

NEW: Police union: Officer was trying to shoot other man, not #CharlesKinsey; thought man was armed and Kinsey's life was in danger.

Oh well then.

Despite Kinsey repeatedly telling them it was not the case.

Seems legit.

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Despite Kinsey repeatedly telling them it was not the case.

Seems legit.

:lol: 

Do people who have been kidnapped yet told to tell police that everything is OK (usually at gunpoint) deserve to just be left to fend for themselves? 

This isn't about this incident in question, just in general. 

9 hours ago, Deeboy said:

:lol: 

Do people who have been kidnapped yet told to tell police that everything is OK (usually at gunpoint) deserve to just be left to fend for themselves? 

This isn't about this incident in question, just in general. 

Of course they don't. However, the police wouldn't normally shoot the kidnap victim either, would they?