Need help with my missus

Right here's the problem lads & lasses I need help with.

My missus is 9 year younger than me, I tried to have a joke with her about putting a plaster over 1 lens of my glasses to make me look younger. Anyway I had to explain it to her. She said no one at her school ever wore glasses with a plaster covering 1 lens. So I just googled images it & right enough no such pictures turned up. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone conform that this kind of thing did happen in primary school?

Your assistance in this matter would make me eternally grateful.

Grimbo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right here's the problem lads & lasses I need help with.

My missus is 9 year younger than me, I tried to have a joke with her about putting a plaster over 1 lens of my glasses to make me look younger. Anyway I had to explain it to her. She said no one at her school ever wore glasses with a plaster covering 1 lens. So I just googled images it & right enough no such pictures turned up. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone conform that this kind of thing did happen in primary school?

Your assistance in this matter would make me eternally grateful.

Grimbo

I'm sure there was a couple of kids I went to school with did it. It was to cure a lazy eye, wasn't it?

I think some of these might help.

Aw that's more like it, if only I'd of googled it in German in the 1st place, these images prove I'm right but I was hoping for a picture from the late 60's in black & white wearing national health specs, if it's not too much to ask.

Yes it was some lazy eye remedy now you mention it.

Cheers

Grimbo

Aw that's more like it, if only I'd of googled it in German in the 1st place, these images prove I'm right but I was hoping for a picture from the late 60's in black & white wearing national health specs, if it's not too much to ask.

Yes it was some lazy eye remedy now you mention it.

Cheers

Grimbo

Good luck in your dressing up and role playing games with the missus. Probably a thread in there somewhere.

I think it's time Grimbo booked that flight to Switzerland..

I seen this and decided to google Dignitas.

Upcoming events has this:

The funny side of the

right to die debate and

life's one certainty: death

I think it's time Grimbo booked that flight to Switzerland..

Was it not supposed to be a gift? I wonder what the egg slicers are like in Switzerland?

Ross I showed my missus the German pictures you sent. & she quite rightly pointed out that the plasters are not over the lens at all they are under them.

Now I've got a few verbal confirmations on here, good lads. But the doubting Thomas in her still wants imagery.

Did anyone notice the lass with the lazy eye with no glasses on. It's a bit down but well worth it.

Grimbo

I wonder what the egg slicers are like in Switzerland?

Similar to the egg slicers back home, but coated in Nazi gold and they leave the eggs with a slightly salted taste of Jewish tears.

I imagine.

Guest The Phoenix

Yep, seen it loads as a kid, usually thick, brown rimmed glasses with a big, square Elastoplast.

In my time (slightly before yours) it was pink NHS glasses with an Elastoplast over one lens.

The memory fades with time but I seem to recall all the kids who wore them also had freckles and other such embarrassing afflictions.

In my time (slightly before yours) it was pink NHS glasses with an Elastoplast over one lens.

The memory fades with time but I seem to recall all the kids who wore them also had freckles and other such embarrassing afflictions.

That's my memory too, I wasn't sure if the glasses were pink or light blue, a sort of see throughy frame eh?

Grimbo

Archived