TJ McCluskey

Mr Dazle

Heard a wee snippet that TJ has been shown the door at ARFC and signing for the rock....intresting

He was offered a contract by Rovers for 2015/16, so if he's moved on, he's showed himself the door.

To be honest, he'd be a bit-part player for us again, so no harm to the lad if all he wants to do is play games.

ETP as I said and it was confirmed 2day on their twitter he has signed for the roch. Apparently interest from senior and junior clubs but he opted for provanmill park. Must be some amount of cash getting paid up there now with jarvis signing to.

Aloysius Snuffleupagus if true then the lad has shown his real ambition...a lower division junior player. How many bit part players have had a chance in one game, took it and kept their place in the team. He could have stayed and fought for a place in the team and no doubt Daz and Starky would have gave him a chance.

He didn't get his chance last season great for the roch why would he want to sit on the bench again he's a young boy just wants to play football and a dnt the the candy have any cash as a no not one of the player got paid last year all just playing for the candy for Andy , Duffy ,Big Chris and Al all good at the candy now that they have there own men in there

Obviously the lad couldn't have been doing it in training or practice games...maybe fish out of water in the seniors. A lad who I play football with is the cousin of a roch player and knows he and at least 1 other were paid and they will be paid this year too and fair play if they are. Do the roch not still have the same guys from last year ? Just wondering wen u say they now have their own men.

Own men behind the scene running the club in the proper manner now same team as last year with the three new boys hopefully a good year for the candy if he's getting paid fair play hope that's the candy on the up hope they r getting money now been in the pits for years

Ah I see...I was there a couple of times early last season and the guys behind the scenes seemed all good men with the best interests of the club, are they not there anymore. ..A young lad on the gate.old guy was chairman I think and 2 other guys who I cant remember names but one was running the shop and the other was the secretary I presume....made me feel welcome. Yeah they seemed to turn the corner wen the fallons were there too. How many of that era are still there.

The only one left is the chairman the rest r out the door along wae fergus creepy boy that ha ha full new committee and a lot of work getting done in and around the park new showers plus doing stuff to the outside and am hearing a new toilet for ladies

The only one left is the chairman the rest r out the door along wae fergus creepy boy that ha ha full new committee and a lot of work getting done in and around the park new showers plus doing stuff to the outside and am hearing a new toilet for ladies

New toilet for ladies . . . . That is one of the requirements for entering the lowland league , something maybe the people at the candys will be looking at Jimmy mac?

Good men running the club now instead of people who should have been wearing masks the team is on the up and as for tj great signing for the club guy wants to play 1st team and will get it at the roch

New toilet for ladies . . . . That is one of the requirements for entering the lowland league , something maybe the people at the candys will be looking at Jimmy mac?

Dnt think they r looking to entertain the lowland league it just couple of ladies working in the shop and a few of the wife's and girlfriends coming along to watch a right family feel at the roch now

Good men running the club now instead of people who should have been wearing masks the team is on the up and as for tj great signing for the club guy wants to play 1st team and will get it at the roch

Ur correct with everything u say

Andy of St Roch's here - new user so go easy on me.

We are delighted to welcome TJ and our other new signings (Kenny and Jason) to the club - I am sure they will be a great addition.

Don't know if the lads ambition should be questioned - he needed regular football and leaves Albion on good terms. We hope he has a great season and that experience will help him compete for a move back maybe to Albion where hopefully he can compete for more game time.

The guys you mention Mr Dazzle left the club during the season after doing a brilliant job , combination of work and other commitments saw them move on. them and others were partly responsible for keeping the club going during harder times.

We still have a couple of players left from when JF junior was her - Martin Shiels and Jordan Logan and Gary Stewart are a big part of our plans.

We are fitting the new toilets thanks to an area grant from the council - nothing to do with Lowland League but partly because our bigger plans include a women's team in the long term but in the short term they need somewhere to pee????

Mr Dazzle you were bang on about TJ coming to St Roch's but the boy was not chased by Albion and did not want to play for another Junior team until he gave us a season which I think is commendable

As for paying big bucks again this is not the case - we have agreed a budget and win bonus structure for players as most teams in our division have done and we will work within that budget.

I promised myself I would not open a P@B account and apologise in advance if I ever get near here on a Saturday night after a few scoops

MON THE CANDY

@lmboy85 and jimmymac I think thats a bit harsh if its not true and I dont know the ongoings if ur previous guys who wer running the club. All seemed well wen I visited and I was made feel nothing but welcome. Good committee guys are hard to come by at any level and reading wot u say it seems you are accusing them of something......anyway a good post from andy and a bit that seems to contradict wot I have said above.

Also good that some of the JF lads are still there. I did mention 'cash to spend' but i know a player got a fair chunk to sign on and that deal was done last season. Yes other clubs are doing similar like the newest club in the west region who seem to have an endless supply of finances at present but when they sign bale they will maybe have to tighten the purse strings.

Sorry for my wee rant but as a veteran of the juniors I dont like to see good hard working committee VOLUNTEERS get slated by individuals who would not be willing to step up to the challenge of doing the same job. Im not just spkn about your club...its the juniors in general.

@ the real arab mavrick....sorry dak. Im not fergus welsh.

Thanks

No ill feeling for anyone who has had a positive contribution to make at St Roch's and the committee guys who were here at start of the season put in a lot of work to keep the club going.

For me though it's about looking forward and we are now lucky at St Roch's to have a committee of about 14 with a further 10 volunteers. You won't believe this but we have an astro physasis (can't even spell it) who is looking at funding opportunities and long term strategy, we have a merchandising expert, and a couple of fans reps. Young Ryan Carr must be one of the youngest committee people in junior football.

If we keep pulling in the right direction we can only take the club forward

We appreciate all of the people who have kept the club going for over 95 years - now is our wee turn.

Again I thank the guys who all left recently and speak on behalf of the club

If Mr Dazzle is Fergus - we even miss you ya mad bass????

Anyway lets keep the chat about the Candy in the positive - the recent signings and the goings on to improve the club will only keep us going to the place that we want to be .... And that is at the heart of out community

Thanks

No ill feeling for anyone who has had a positive contribution to make at St Roch's and the committee guys who were here at start of the season put in a lot of work to keep the club going.

For me though it's about looking forward and we are now lucky at St Roch's to have a committee of about 14 with a further 10 volunteers. You won't believe this but we have an astro physasis (can't even spell it) who is looking at funding opportunities and long term strategy, we have a merchandising expert, and a couple of fans reps. Young Ryan Carr must be one of the youngest committee people in junior football.

We appreciate all of the people who have kept the club going for over 95 years - now is our wee turn.

If Mr Dazzle is Fergus - we even miss you ya mad bass

Anyway lets keep the chat about the Candy in the positive - the recent signings and the goings on to improve the club will only keep us going to the place that we want to be .... And that is at the heart of out community

Thanks

If Mr Dazzle is Fergus - we even miss you ya mad bass

Well said Andy great club being run by good people as it always has hope it's now turning the corner after a number of lean years good to see the old park getting done up too. All the best for next season just a pity you couldn't get Tam McManus in know you tried but heard he got a great deal at Gartcairn according to his brother Kev. Forza Candy :)

Cheers BBB

Not all about the dough - Tam actually lives quite close to where Gartcairn play - he would have been on our bench anyway (only kiddingTam/kev ????)

Good things happening at Gartcairn - good luck to them and we hope to play them in friendly. That division will be very tough this year.

We hiave big challenge - the last time the team got promoted and stayed up was 1979 so we know we are up against it.

My first time as a manager that 4th bottom would be progress.

Really looking forward to the challenge

Archived