Is it worth being a Hero?

Was waiting in the queue to go into my local leisure center and saw some jakey out of his bin about to nick some swimming goggles. I was too far away from the counter to alert the staff and therefore had a decision to make as to whether I should confront said bam pot. I also noted he had an accomplice waiting outside who looked to have more of his wits about him.

Anyway I ended up not getting involved and now I am disappointed with myself. Having said that, is it worth risking getting chibbed for a few pairs of swimming goggles?

Is it worth trying to be a hero???

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was waiting in the queue to go into my local leisure center and saw some jakey out of his bin about to nick some swimming goggles. I was too far away from the counter to alert the staff and therefore had a decision to make as to whether I should confront said bam pot. I also noted he had an accomplice waiting outside who looked to have more of his wits about him.

Anyway I ended up not getting involved and now I am disappointed with myself. Having said that, is it worth risking getting chibbed for a few pairs of swimming goggles?

The unapprehended thug will probably now begin to gain confidence. Before we know where we are he'll be a grown man, stealing stadiums and quarries.

You've failed society.

You're worse than Jimmy Saville.

Since when did shouting 'excuse me that boys trying to steal your swimming goggles' make you a hero by the way?

Imagine John Smeaton had your attitude FFS. That's a real hero, booting terrorists in the baws and saving lives.

All you had to do was speak up. The jakeys would have likely scarpered and you shat it.

Piss poor

It would have been worthwhile shouting something perhaps. But not to get physically involved... I once did something similar, and suffered a pretty appalling injury. I was willing to risk my own bacon, but it was definitely not worth it seeing the looks on my mother and sisters faces in the hospital. More people's happiness to think about than just your own pride fulfillment, in my opinion.

If you get involved and you too get a hide in, well that's just a fucking minter.

Pished myself laughing at this! :lol:

True, but atleast you could get some compo.

I'm sure Iron Man does something similar in his new movie.

:lol:

The situation obviously varies but personally I'd just do what I felt was right at the time and face the consequences. In this instance though I would've definitely just spoken up. I doubt there would've been any consequences, two jakeys would have ran off and tried there luck elsewhere.

It would have been worthwhile shouting something perhaps. But not to get physically involved... I once did something similar, and suffered a pretty appalling injury. I was willing to risk my own bacon, but it was definitely not worth it seeing the looks on my mother and sisters faces in the hospital. More people's happiness to think about than just your own pride fulfillment, in my opinion.

Did you end up with egg on your face?

Archived