Gambling on Football Matches

rtg1971

Can someone confirm or let me know the details of gambling on football matches for junior players and committee members?

Im being told we cannot do this at all but i cant for the life of me work out why, after the best part of 30 years putting a weekend coupon on i can no longer do so!

Is this true? Rubbish?

I believe from my time on staff there is a ruling not allowing you to bet on matches/outcomes involving your own team.

Sure the guidelines are on the SJFA site somewhere.

Think it was a flyer sent to Secs.

The rule is certainly not as draconian as by the SFA

Font of Information can probably clarify.

Rest assured you can still do your 15 team £1 accumulator on Mongolian Womens 3rd division.

As McBookie sponsor the East Region it would be absolute madness to be heavy handed.

SFA (Hardcore) Rules are as follows

Disciplinary Rule 31 (current): No club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall gamble in any way on a football match. Any such club or person to have engaged in gambling of any description on football shall be in breach of this rule.

Lots of the players post their lines on twitter!

I understand a few years back their was an issue in juniors when there were odds on all games and a certain club who were heavy odds on favourites but had nothing to play for in their final league match lost by a few goals to end the season on a sour note. Word has it said team did enjoy their end of season jaunt to Blackpool with a good few £'s in their tail, hence trebles only for many bookies

Lots of the players post their lines on twitter!

I understand a few years back their was an issue in juniors when there were odds on all games and a certain club who were heavy odds on favourites but had nothing to play for in their final league match lost by a few goals to end the season on a sour note. Word has it said team did enjoy their end of season jaunt to Blackpool with a good few £'s in their tail, hence trebles only for many bookies

LMAO

Can someone confirm or let me know the details of gambling on football matches for junior players and committee members?

Im being told we cannot do this at all but i cant for the life of me work out why, after the best part of 30 years putting a weekend coupon on i can no longer do so!

Is this true? Rubbish?

I think I have an idea why

Load a shite u c boys in the bookies wae there trackies on even betting on there own game

Reminds me when we played pumpherston in the Scottish, me and my da were in the bookies next to the ground, on looking at the odds for pumpherston my dad asked why they were 14 /1 I said its obvious they are absolutely rotten and we will gub them, as I turned round noticed three of their players in tracksuits , they were in to put their lines on and heard every word i said.

Archived