Serie A 2015/16

paul-r-cfc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I jinxed Atalanta by backing them at half time to win :( Went down to ten men then Pazzini got the winner.

Had a line on all the Serie A games tonight: Inter, Fiorentina, Juve, Milan, Napoli, Empoli, Samp & a draw in the Verona game. Empoli drew, missing a penalty. Samp conceded a last minute equaliser and Atalanta lost to a team who hadn't won a game all season. Was around 246/1, too. :bairn:

All Italian clubs tend to have a 'gemellagi' with at least one other club. Often along political grounds but not in the case of fiorentina (generally left wing) and Verona (generally right wing)

"Hellas Verona’s friendship with Fiorentina is another example of one being completely apolitical, and was formed in the 1980s, when many viola players left to join Hellas, to win their one and only Scudettoin ’85. Despite Fiorentina being traditionally left-wing, and Hellas Verona ultras featuring neo-fascist ideas (as well as being one of the most feared groups of supporters in the 1980s), it’s a lasting friendship which has been created between the two clubs.

In Tim Parks’ book ‘A Season With Verona’, he mentions how, in these games, far from hurling abuse at the opposing supporters, small boys trade their yellow Hellas scarves for the purple of Fiorentina, with the fans embracing and even cheering each other on."

All Italian clubs tend to have a 'gemellagio' with at least one other club. Often along political grounds but not in the case of fiorentina (generally left wing) and Verona (generally right wing)

"Hellas Verona’s friendship with Fiorentina is another example of one being completely apolitical, and was formed in the 1980s, when many viola players left to join Hellas, to win their one and only Scudettoin ’85. Despite Fiorentina being traditionally left-wing, and Hellas Verona ultras featuring neo-fascist ideas (as well as being one of the most feared groups of supporters in the 1980s), it’s a lasting friendship which has been created between the two clubs.

In Tim Parks’ book ‘A Season With Verona’, he mentions how, in these games, far from hurling abuse at the opposing supporters, small boys trade their yellow Hellas scarves for the purple of Fiorentina, with the fans embracing and even cheering each other on."

cheers for that.read tim parks book but it was a fair while ago and I didn't recall that bit.

it was the whole left/ultraright wing perception I had of the 2 sets of fans that confused me about the photo,ta for clearing that up

Most of the friendships are along political lines but not always, seen as politics aren't even consistent within one team's support base. Roma being the good example - popularly viewed as left wing owing to the Lazio rivalry but they still have some unsavoury right wing elements in there. Being more representative of the city itself rather than Lazio (the wider region and more rural areas) they tend to have slightly more lefties though owing to the urban environment. Teams from Tuscany (Fiorentina and Livorno especially) and Emilia-Romana (Bologna) tend to be pretty left-wing as well reflecting the political climate of the whole region

Most of the friendships are along political lines but not always, seen as politics aren't even consistent within one team's support base. Roma being the good example - popularly viewed as left wing owing to the Lazio rivalry but they still have some unsavoury right wing elements in there. Being more representative of the city itself rather than Lazio (the wider region and more rural areas) they tend to have slightly more lefties though owing to the urban environment. Teams from Tuscany (Fiorentina and Livorno especially) and Emilia-Romana (Bologna) tend to be pretty left-wing as well reflecting the political climate of the whole region

Probably best person to ask this. When Juve were in Glasgow few years back, I saw some their fans with a Juve flag that also had Den Haag's crest on it. Any weird link between those teams?

Probably best person to ask this. When Juve were in Glasgow few years back, I saw some their fans with a Juve flag that also had Den Haag's crest on it. Any weird link between those teams?

There is, I mind reading about it a while back. Can't recall why though, but it seems it's been going on a while:

2444004.jpg

Remember seeing the banner but wasn't aware of the details behind it. Managed to find this though

"On November 23th 1988 some fans from FC Den Haag, all with a strong love for “Old Lady “ Juventus, went to Liège for the UEFA CUP match between Club Liège and Juventus ( 0-1) .The First contacts were created with Italian fans which resulted in an invitation for Den Haag supporter tournament in 1989.

From that moment on a strong friendship grew and Den Haag supporters visited Juventus matches in Italy and Italian Juventus fans regularly visited The Haag matches. They also participated in the supporter tournament.

Now in 2014 the friendship celebrate 25 years and Saturday January 25th about hundred Italian Juventus supporters went to the match FC Den Haag – Feyenoord along with their Dutch friends in The Hague stadium.

The two clubs also have a common love in with Legia Warsaw too. Few more images here - http://bianconeri.tripod.com/enemies.html

Bologna v Fiorentina went up a notch quickly. A red card and two goals in the space of 5/6 minutes. Twenty minutes left and despite having 10 men I'd expect Fiorentina to get something still.

Archived