When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you are going to deploy the sort of tactics that Rob has over the past couple of pages, it is helpful - essential, really - to be demonstrably more intelligent and coherent than the body of people you are electing to pit yourself against. Unfortunately for him and the vast majority of seething PULs on here, this renders it an unsuitable approach for them in more or less all circumstances. 

If you are going to deploy the sort of tactics that Rob has over the past couple of pages, it is helpful - essential, really - to be demonstrably more intelligent and coherent than the body of people you are electing to pit yourself against. Unfortunately for him and the vast majority of seething PULs on here, this renders it an unsuitable approach for them in more or less all circumstances. 

Yet still, I can't seem to see an answer as to the specific purpose of Gethin's wee jaunt over to Spain
'Seething' seems to be the just the standard response to ANYTHING you don't understand or can't explain.

Yet still, I can't seem to see an answer as to the specific purpose of Gethin's wee jaunt over to Spain
'Seething' seems to be the just the standard response to ANYTHING you don't understand or can't explain.

But you already know the answer Rob

I'm not saying you're wrong because I know absolutely f**k all about this trip. But an SNP MP seeking out to meet Rajoy seems absolutely extraordinary in it's stupidity.
A Prime Minister of a state which has had a complete rager about one of its autonomous regions establishing diplomatic functions. Gethins sought out an audience with him? f**k me, that's mental.

Fide claims 'he (Gethins) got on just smashing' in Spain. He therefore clearly knows more than you or I Stubbsy.

Why was he out there in the hope of meeting senior Spanish government officials if their support is already in the bag?
SNP prepared to dump support for Catalonian independence and promise to not to get involved in the sovereign rights of thousands of British Gibraltarians, who are vehemently against joint rule with Spain.

They're a principle lot eh the SNP? absolutely shameless, the way they will whore themselves around the EU abandoning the self determination rights of others, they would sell their own f*ckin Granny!!

And we want these shysters leading us into the fabled promised land, No thanks.

If anybody has fucked the Gibraltarians over it's the Brexiteers as opposed to the yessers.

To be honest I don't see why you would be so concerned about people who wave union jacks, exaggerate their "Britishness" but aren't keen on paying British Taxes, oh hang on a minute..

If anybody has fucked the Gibraltarians over it's the Brexiteers as opposed to the yessers.

To be honest I don't see why you would be so concerned about people who wave union jacks, exaggerate their "Britishness" but aren't keen on paying British Taxes, oh hang on a minute..

Nice twist TC, my point however is that the SNP are prepared to ignore/dismiss the right to self determination of one people in pursuit of their own independence agenda by currying favour with the Spanish.

Shameless opportunism. Surely you can see that naked hypocrisy?

Agree entirely with your point on Brexit (Gibraltar) btw.

Away to the pub now for the afternoon to watch the Rugby, it's been a pleasant exchange though.

Ok, i'll bite.

Please inform me why Gethin was in Spain? Other than a couple of meetings with left of centre Spanish parties? It will be documented elsewhere (rather than the fucking Daily Express) if he sought out a meeting with anyone from the Spanish govt, I'm sure you will provide sources, other than Yoon press?

Nice twist TC, my point however is that the SNP are prepared to ignore/dismiss the right to self determination of one people in pursuit of their own independence agenda by currying favour with the Spanish.
Shameless opportunism. Surely you can see that naked hypocrisy?

Agree entirely with your point on Brexit (Gibraltar) btw.

Away to the pub now for the afternoon to watch the Rugby, it's been a pleasant exchange though.

Please provide sources ( other than unionist rags) that show SNP are against Catalonian Indy? As far as I'm aware, the SNP has been reluctant to involve themselves in other Indy debates, especially since becoming the only show in town.

Ok, i'll bite.

Please inform me why Gethin was in Spain? Other than a couple of meetings with left of centre Spanish parties? It will be documented elsewhere (rather than the fucking Daily Express) if he sought out a meeting with anyone from the Spanish govt, I'm sure you will provide sources, other than Yoon press?

It was from an article in the politico.eu (e-newsletter) dated Friday.
I'll try and post it up tonight when I'm back in.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

Fide claims 'he (Gethins) got on just smashing' in Spain. He therefore clearly knows more than you or I Stubbsy.

Anyone who had heard of this before browsing P&B this morning knows more than me. Had a quick look for stuff about Gethins trying to meet Rajoy there and couldn't find much beyond Unionist Twitter.

16 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

the SNP are prepared to ignore/dismiss the right to self determination of one people in pursuit of their own independence agenda by currying favour with the Spanish.

Again this reads like HB/ScotSquid style (rip btw) opinion stated as fact. 

I remember the absolute glee when Sturgeon didn't walk into Brussels and meet all the top dogs that she was supposedly there to see. Since then that trip's started to look pretty worthwhile.

I generally think the SNP are pretty canny with these kind of moves. Which is why I'm particularly surprised to hear about Gethins thinking he'd get a chinwag with Rajoy.

Absolutely nothing there from Gethins or the SNP and doesn't even vaguely justify your claims that he tried to meet Rajoy.
Very poor. Can't believe we've wasted a few pages on this pish.

Perhaps nothing from Gethins and colleagues, because that's precisely what they came back with?

Give in man.

Going round in circles here, but I used the word 'perhaps', in the hope that you (or others) might be able to detail specifically what the purpose of this 'mission' was and exactly what it achieved.

Jeez, is the question that difficult?