When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyway, we're wanted...
http://www.thenational.scot/news/15089828.Europe_s_chief_Brexit_negotiator_says___We_need_the_Scottish_people_____we_cannot_afford_to_lose_that_/?ref=twtrec
Europe's chief Brexit negotiator says: 'We need the Scottish people ... we cannot afford to lose that'

Someone's gonna have to step in to hold up the Euro project, with economies like Spain, Portugal and even Italy feeling the strain. 40 years ( or what's left) of Scottish oil revenues/dividends might just help to chip in, assuming the price hits its usual level again, which it will?

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Someone's gonna have to step in to hold up the Euro project, with economies like Spain, Portugal and even Italy feeling the strain. 40 years ( or what's left) of Scottish oil revenues/dividends might just help to chip in, assuming the price hits its usual level again, which it will?

Are we going to be an economic basketcase after independence or not? Make up your mind.

Are we going to be an economic basketcase after independence or not? Make up your mind.

I've never said I think Scotland couldn't go it alone post independence, my preference would be to stay within the Union however.
Your assumption is incorrect.

So you feel that Scotland will flourish as an independent state then?

I gave my own reasons for supporting the Union on this thread a few days back mate, it's just going over old ground.

Yes, Scotland has the ambition and resources to stand on its own two feet.
I think it might be an uncomfortable ride with the SNP steering the ship to begin with though. until another party managed to build enough credibility to take the wheel.
How long could that take to happen though and what damage might be done in between? No-one knows. I think we will remain naturally cautious for the time being, particularly with the implications of Brexit still to emerge.

9 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I gave my own reasons for supporting the Union on this thread a few days back mate, it's just going over old ground.

I think it might be an uncomfortable ride with the SNP steering the ship to begin with though. until another party managed to build enough credibility to take the wheel.
How long could that take to happen though and what damage might be done in between? No-one knows. I think we will remain naturally cautious for the time being, particularly with the implications of Brexit still to emerge.

So who knows what damage independence may cause = bad

Unknown implications of Brexit = acceptable.

Got it.

Edit for not being particularly fair to you, sorry. Can't help it.

Edited by Baxter Parp

Got it.

Still the best post he's made in ages though to be fair to him always good to see the yoons that realise we would be perfectly fine come out and say it.

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

And you may be right that it could be an uncomfortable ride with the SNP to begin with. The problem with that though is that we KNOW we've got an uncomfortable ride ahead, and could be a lot more than just a few years. And with no decent Labour party coming our way in the near future, what's stopping things getting worse?

Got it.

That's not quite what I said is it?

1) Potential damage under SNP leadership post independence.
2) Naturally cautious until Brexit implications are clear

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

That's not quite what I said is it?

2) Naturally cautious until Brexit implications are clear

No worries about the potential damage of dependence on continual Tory governments which knows they can rule Scotland without Scotland even voting for them?

The ability to govern a country and control its budget and international affairs even if it comprehensively rejects you at the ballot box seems like a pretty lousy idea to me - which is probably why no countries are leaping at such an arrangement.

10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

You realise you could vote for another party post indy, right?

Whereas the Tories are in charge of old Blighty for the foreseeable.

No worries about the potential damage of dependence on continual Tory governments which knows they can rule Scotland without Scotland even voting for them?
The ability to govern a country and control its budget and international affairs even if it comprehensively rejects you at the ballot box seems like a pretty lousy idea to me - which is probably why no countries are leaping at such an arrangement.

We voted to remain within the current system fairly comprehensively in 2014.
Yes I appreciate that the Brexit decision will have swayed some towards Scottish Independence, but I believe the outcome and future implications of leaving the EU should be clear before we go again with a re-run.